RE700 ANTENNA MOD QUESTION

Reaction score
HI all have a question does it really make a difference doing the antenna mod to the re700/exetender need to know if its worth doing or not

HI all have a question does it really make a difference doing the antenna mod to the re700/exetender need to know if its worth doing or not
I say yes Mark .Just using the extender modded though you will be able to see farther than you can go .

Thanks I will order antenna and sma cable as far as my controller I found a upgraded controller with the side wheel same freq 5.8 on eBay for 50.00 so I ordered it I have one already for my vision 2 I will be using with my fc40 I have the walkers g 2 works great

Thanks I will order antenna and sma cable as far as my controller I found a upgraded controller with the side wheel same freq 5.8 on eBay for 50.00 so I ordered it I have one already for my vision 2 I will be using with my fc40 I have the walkers g 2 works great
Good price for that TX ! Good find

Yes it was a good price.had that controller on my fc40 then when I received my vision 2 it came with the other controller that had no tilt wheel and had to use as batteries so I swapped controllers now I have had issues using the level in the back very hard to keep from moving to far up and down never had problem when I was using the upgraded controller that's why I am getting another upgraded controller

Been looking at antennas for my mod seen this on amazon Anbee® FPV 5.8Ghz Circular Polarized Clover Leaf is this better then the 6 dbi Omni antenna what would be better thanks and what should I get a 5.6ghz or a 2.4ghz or the mushroom ant im confused

Hopefully someone that used one will chime in mark as I have not. All I ever have used since I did the TX mod was the FPVLR ones and the itelite
one . I did try some rubber ducky ones just to see a little but never could match those from Tony so that's all I got for ya buddy !
I got a box full of stuff I have tried over the last year and didn't care for and most likely will have another one this time next year :eek:
Be nice if more than me had one of these here as me have a yard sale !! ;)

So what's better, keep the rubber duck or order the clover maybe I'm being a worry wort over this or should I say over critical ??

hope I don't make to many people laugh but here I go can I spary paint a t link black antenna white without losing signal sorry for sounding dumb but thought I would ask/make someone have a good laugh

hope I don't make to many people laugh but here I go can I spary paint a t link black antenna white without losing signal sorry for sounding dumb but thought I would ask/make someone have a good laugh

Rgss7R0Ey0rAY.gif

Sorry mark, couldn't resist....:D

I'm not sure but I bet someone will help out;)

Has anyone used the clover leaf antenna and if so which one , has to be better then or antenna in the re700 not looking to travel to the moon just something decent even a t link rubber duck thanks all
Also what ghz should I get I see 2.4 ànd 5.8 thinking I'm going to get the cloverleaf once I know what freq to get from you guys

Last edited:
Also this link Mark;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks guys I will check it out I know how to do the mod .was more interested in an antenna besides using rubber duck I liked the helix don't know cloverleaf looked good more compact has to be better then stock should I get a polized or onmi

Last edited:
Your more than welcome my friend, hope the above posts help you out;)

Let us know how you get on with the mod:)

Porky

im hacking my extender up right now. aren't the antennas in the craft LHCP? that's important when looking at cloverleafs and etc.
Im making a 3 turn LHCP helical and haven't decided if I will buy a patch or make a crosshair for the other output yet - but ya

those little antenna u.fl niblets are a pain to seat on there.20150621_111407.jpg

I got to give props to ib crazy and the other dudes that have posted all the antenna theory up on the webs. amazing work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31