RC not charging

Reaction score
The RC unit is only six months old, the unit will not charge

The charger unit is charging the batteries without any incident

Is it hard to open the unit to check inside
Thank you RCL

It will still be under warranty. Opening it up may void the warranty. Contact DJI for replacement.

Contact the service center in North America and send it to them:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)

Does it charge the drone batteries ok? Are you plugging it FIRMLY into the RC unit?

You "could" open it up to check it, but if it gets damaged the warranty may not be covered. I'd call DJI to start a return process.

Plugged back in for the third time and left in for a while finely one light came blinking which indicated the batteries were extremely drained

About 15 minutes the second light appeared and alter fully charged

Turned on unit paired with drone and left for a 10 minutes and began the precess to charged RC unit without an incident

Go figure

Again thanks for the help

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Fly on!

My RC will charge to three lights then turns off. I retry and get the same thing. Without the charger connecter, when I turn it on, it
shows 3 lights. How do I make it fully charge?

I prefer to charge the RC while it's switched OFF, so it is not draining the battery while you are trying to charge it at the same time. If you do that, you will simply get one red light when you start charging it, and will turn green when it is fully charged.

It is interesting that DJI online sites say to not charge RC at same time as flight battery with the combined charger even though the A and Pro chargers have both plugs on charger.
The Std of course does not have this and we lesser Std owners make do with mobile phone chargers !

Phantom 3 Advanced - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO - DJI

See FAQ #3 ......

Nigel

My RC will charge to three lights then turns off. I retry and get the same thing. Without the charger connecter, when I turn it on, it
shows 3 lights. How do I make it fully charge?
Plug it into the USB port on a computer. Mine did the same thing but plugging it into the computer seemed to work. My tiny brain says it was charging too fast otherwise so it never fully charged. It charges slower on the computer but will always fully charge that way.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94