Rats! I think I have just bricked RC by updating firmware

Reaction score
Everything was going fine until I was in RC assistant. I updated firmware to what I think was suggested in the Info section and Blam!! Not even the power light comes on. There is no connection to RC assistant so I cannot go back.
Any help much appreciated.

The drone I have, was previously owned. The previous owner did exactly what you did, by trying to update the firmware and it completely bricked the remote. Nothing...no lights, no power up, completely dead. Battery is fully charged. I tried several things, but ended up buying a used controller off Ebay. If you do find an answer, I'd be interested as well.

The drone I have, was previously owned. The previous owner did exactly what you did, by trying to update the firmware and it completely bricked the remote. Nothing...no lights, no power up, completely dead. Battery is fully charged. I tried several things, but ended up buying a used controller off Ebay. If you do find an answer, I'd be interested as well.

Hi Luv2cmwork
I'm running windows 10.
I checked in device manager whether anything happened to Ports when I plugged in the RC. It did.
So I uninstalled the DJI driver and the RC assistant software then reinstalled them with the RC plugged in and powered up.
S1 and SW2 both in Mid position.
Things came to life and have worked through a few things and the drone is flying again. Mod 1 puts throttle on the left ..but apart from that, all good..for now

Thanks Robin. I will definitely give that a try. I didn't try hooking it up to a computer. Just tried some other recommended things.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4