Rant: Gatwick Airport drone incident

Its hard to fathom that the UK airport would shut down on the word that someone saw a drone, it blows my mind that no proof is needed, no picture , no video of the drone, and now there saying that there might never had been one.

Who do you fire ? The guy who shut that air port down. who goes to jail ? the guy that reported it.
Because without proof , a drone in the sky is nothing more than calling in a bomb threat.

Is a drone in the sky going to be the new bomb threat UGH and all you have to do is call it in , you saw a bird but it may have been a drone, , WOW .

Imagine a swatt team storming your house because you were flying that day in the park with your sweet 107 permit flying in the wind , and your life is over, fake news has to be punished.

Reactions: DenMac
Not sure if this been posted but this is something to rant about,,must be waterproof tight ,,what example does this send
20181228_121910.jpg

Are people really more likely to be hit by a falling meteorite than a drone? Struck by lightning maybe.
Depends upon where you live and what you do as a routine. All of us are in a higher risk group than the average schmoe, yet we’re still more likely to be hit by lightning I’d wager...

Interesting that in the UK you can apparently sue the police after such an incident. Possibly here too but the odds of a successful suit are next to nil...

Depends upon where you live and what you do as a routine. All of us are in a higher risk group than the average schmoe, yet we’re still more likely to be hit by lightning I’d wager...

Interesting that in the UK you can apparently sue the police after such an incident. Possibly here too but the odds of a successful suit are next to nil...

Probably your right, but they can lodge a complaint with the independent police complaints commission, whether they can sue for wrongful arrest I don't know. The problem here is that as soon as they where arrested, their faces where slapped in the paper and their characters defamed.

You can sue the police for being hit by a meteorite or lightning?

The serious issue today in the UK, in the US, or most places, people panic. They call 911 (or equivalent) and the police arrive. Next thing you know, you are "guilty until proven innocent". Proving you are innocent may involve a very large fee to the lawyer you thought you would never need. I'd like to see an organization that can come to the rescue of drone pilots who have been abused by police when flying within the law.

You can sue the police for being hit by a meteorite or lightning?
*sigh*

The serious issue today in the UK, in the US, or most places, people panic. They call 911 (or equivalent) and the police arrive. Next thing you know, you are "guilty until proven innocent". Proving you are innocent may involve a very large fee to the lawyer you thought you would never need. I'd like to see an organization that can come to the rescue of drone pilots who have been abused by police when flying within the law.

There are organizations that provide legal services for members who have used a firearm in self defense. A sort of insurance policy provided by an interest group. Perhaps something along those lines?

*sigh*

There are organizations that provide legal services for members who have used a firearm in self defense. A sort of insurance policy provided by an interest group. Perhaps something along those lines?
Your response to me, at least with respect to my question (specifically your claim on the issue of actions that might be brought against the investigators) is if no interest to me so I’m wondering what the relavence could be?

I assumed you meant to respond to someone else...

Your response to me, at least with respect to my question (specifically your claim on the issue of actions that might be brought against the investigators) is if no interest to me so I’m wondering what the relavence could be?

I assumed you meant to respond to someone else...
The first paragraph was in response to your post.

The second paragraph was an aside as apparently the couple detained in this case are considering a legal action against the police.

The first paragraph was in response to your post.

The second paragraph was an aside as apparently the couple detained in this case are considering a legal action against the police.
Fair enough.... From the little that is known of the circumstances here it might be that an action could, and perhaps should, be brought against the person(s) who made the false accusations. It would be nice to think the police were discreet and didn’t issue a media realease or leak information with respect to the arrests.

Reactions: bad karma
In the UK, guessing similar elsewhere, the police should not release names of arrested people until they are charged. (Unless there are reporting restrictions)

This doesn't prevent the media from tracing the individuals, or publishing their photos obtained from social media websites.

Whilst this innocent (as charged) couple must be upset that they were arrested and questioned, there is no sign of mistreatment that I have heard of.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl