Range

Reaction score
My P3 Pro only gets about 1,000 feet out of the box in my neighborhood. I was expecting range of approx. 1.2 miles out of the box. There Are 6,336 Feet in 1.2 miles. Any suggestions?

Beginner mode off? Enable max distance off? Antennas oriented correctly?
I will check, thanks for the reply. I am looking at range extenders. ARGTEK, FPVLR any thoughts? You have a favorite? Not to solve this problem. Just want one anyway.

I use windsurfers. Others use amplifiers to boost the RF power. This is illegal, but I seriously doubt the FCC is even interested (yet). I will not risk my FCC license, however, and avoid these.
This leads me to another question, I've had my P3 Pro about 3 months. I have not registered it yet, I've known I need to research the subject. Required? Was the FCC license test hard?

If you want any serious range you need to maintain line-of-sight. Trees and buildings pretty much kill the signal.

This leads me to another question, I've had my P3 Pro about 3 months. I have not registered it yet, I've known I need to research the subject. Required? Was the FCC license test hard?
No test, only a $5 fee to register the drone itself.

Reactions: cfd701

Yes it is required !! It's only $5. Online registration. That's just to register the bird. When you say license and a test I think you are talking about a commercial license. You only need that if you are going to be using your bird to make money.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No test, only a $5 fee to register the drone itself.

Not to be too pedantic but you are registering yourself not any particular aircraft.

ALL your aircraft must now be labeled with the FAA registration # be it fixed-wing, heli, multi-rotor, etc.

There are also requirements to have the registration paperwork with you at all times while flying be it a paper copy or electronic on your mobile device or similar.

Where do I go to register it? Do I have to register every year?
go to faa website and no think it is every 3 years plus get dbs mod for distance way better than argtek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31