RANGE? Immersion 600mw tx, with Spironets

I just order BP, immersionRC 600mw and iosd mini without extra antennas i will post the results after the testing.

I am willing to have 400-500meters with stock antennas.

Deciding between Boscam RX-LCD5802, Black Pearl and Lilliput 664/W. Have put together a quick comparison:

Resolution

Boscam - 800 x 480
Black Pearl - 1024 x 600
Lilliput - 1280 x 800

Brightness

Boscam - 450cd/m2
Black Pearl - 300cd/m2
Lilliput - 400cd/m2

Battery

Boscam - Built-in high performance 7.4V 2450mAh Li-Po
Black Pearl - Built-in 11.1V Li-battery
Lilliput - (doesn't seem to include battery)

Price with postage to Australia

Boscam - AU $177.21 ( http://j.mp/1lZuham )
Black Pearl - AU $245.97 ( http://www.rangevideo.com/en/58-ghz/55- ... esign.html )
Lilliput - AU $379.00 + Price of battery ( http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 1451467001 )

Summary

Boscam - Great brightness, good in-built battery, average resolution, great price
Black Pearl - Good brightness, good in-built battery, good resolution, good price (Has had proven trouble with IRC 600)
Lilliput - Price / lack of battery puts it almost out of the race unless someone can make a very good argument for it, great resolution and brightness though.

Also does anyone know the max output resolution of the IRC600, FS250 or Boscam TS353 400? Maybe no point in getting a higher res monitor if its only putting out PAL or NTSC. How I wish this could be a simple topic haha where's the link to the all in one FPV package with worldwide shipping guaranteed to work with no loss of signal up to 2km LOS? :)

[quote="Joel_t"How I wish this could be a simple topic haha where's the link to the all in one FPV package with worldwide shipping guaranteed to work with no loss of signal up to 2km LOS? :)[/quote]

Now that would be just TOO easy :lol:

Joel_t said:
Deciding between Boscam RX-LCD5802, Black Pearl and Lilliput 664/W. Have put together a quick comparison:

Resolution

Boscam - 800 x 480
Black Pearl - 1024 x 600
Lilliput - 1280 x 800

Brightness

Boscam - 450cd/m2
Black Pearl - 300cd/m2
Lilliput - 400cd/m2

Battery

Boscam - Built-in high performance 7.4V 2450mAh Li-Po
Black Pearl - Built-in 11.1V Li-battery
Lilliput - (doesn't seem to include battery)

Price with postage to Australia

Boscam - AU $177.21 ( http://j.mp/1lZuham )
Black Pearl - AU $245.97 ( http://www.rangevideo.com/en/58-ghz/55- ... esign.html )
Lilliput - AU $379.00 + Price of battery ( http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 1451467001 )

Summary

Boscam - Great brightness, good in-built battery, average resolution, great price
Black Pearl - Good brightness, good in-built battery, good resolution, good price (Has had proven trouble with IRC 600)
Lilliput - Price / lack of battery puts it almost out of the race unless someone can make a very good argument for it, great resolution and brightness though.
You missed on important fact-viewing angle. With the Lilliput, it's 178 degree's. With the others, it's much narrower.
Why? Because 2 of those screen are the old fashioned LCD TN panels. And the Lilliput uses an IPS panel. IPS panels have more colors, and a wider viewing angle. Also-they are more expensive.
That being said-I've heard mixed reviews on the receiver end of the Lilliput-so whatever you get, make sure it can receive the channels your VTX broadcasts. Lilliput now has a "new" model that has a built in 32 channel receiver. Problem is-it uses the old TN panel-so it would be no better than a Boscam.

Just decide what's in your budget and works on the right frequencies and get it. The picture coming from the VTX isn't all that great anyways. For one thing-it's coming from a Go Pro(think fisheye)....and, it's only standard definition....

Ok, Black Pearl + IRC 600 users! I have 2 different BP, one with only Band F designed for IRC and Fatshark and another with all 4 Bands. The BP that only uses Band F works great with IRC 600. Alot better than the BP with All 4 bands.

There are 2, possibly 3, variations of the BP. Most of the bad reports of the BP + IRC 600, were from those of us who bought it when it was just on the market, that one was not specifically made for the IRC 600.

I'm now using the BP (F band only version) with the IRC 600 and it works beautifully, I have great video out to 1000m where I would normally start losing color on my original BP.

I read this on another forum regarding BP and IRC600:
"Although the Black Pearl can match frequency they do not match the correct modulation which will be quickly noticeable once you try to go for distance."

Maybe the newer BPs are more compatible, I dont know.

They are more compatible. Still not as good as using IRC600 with a Duo or Uno, but alot better than before.

thongbong said:
Ok, Black Pearl + IRC 600 users! I have 2 different BP, one with only Band F designed for IRC and Fatshark and another with all 4 Bands. The BP that only uses Band F works great with IRC 600. Alot better than the BP with All 4 bands.

There are 2, possibly 3, variations of the BP. Most of the bad reports of the BP + IRC 600, were from those of us who bought it when it was just on the market, that one was not specifically made for the IRC 600.

I'm now using the BP (F band only version) with the IRC 600 and it works beautifully, I have great video out to 1000m where I would normally start losing color on my original BP.

I too have a "Band F" model. This is probably why I also get great range with my BP & IRC600 and can't understand why others don't. Thanks for that info, I think it should clear up a lot of confusion!

havasuphoto said:
Just decide what's in your budget and works on the right frequencies and get it. The picture coming from the VTX isn't all that great anyways. For one thing-it's coming from a Go Pro(think fisheye)....and, it's only standard definition....

So I guess that the fact I have my GoPro set to PAL (Australia) and the vtx can only do standard definition then we are talking about a signal that is 720 x 576 resolution. Anything greater will just be an upscaled PAL. Obviously 720 x 576 is a 4:3 ratio and GoPro is 16:9 so once that PAL signal is stretched to fit a 16:9 display we are talking 1024 x 576. So in theory 1024 x 576 will be the max required resolution of a VRX monitor.

Regarding viewing angle, the monitor would be on top of the TX so narrow viewing angle is not a big deal for me unless others want to watch the live feed.

Maybe this F Band BP with IRC 600 is the way to go.

Having a good helical antenna, any reason I should be getting the ImmersionRC DUO receiver instead of the UNO? Asking this because the DUO costs almost 3 times more then the UNO, but I think that in a diversity setup (with a helical antenna + a cloverleaf antenna) the DUO catches the signal from the helical antenna 90% of the time, so it's not worth paying the difference? Could anyone clarify this please? Thanks.

gasato said:
Having a good helical antenna, any reason I should be getting the ImmersionRC DUO receiver instead of the UNO? Asking this because the DUO costs almost 3 times more then the UNO, but I think that in a diversity setup (with a helical antenna + a cloverleaf antenna) the DUO catches the signal from the helical antenna 90% of the time, so it's not worth paying the difference? Could anyone clarify this please? Thanks.

Well I have the Duo and it is fantastic. I am able to attach a helical and Spironet antenna which covers all the area/range that I need.The Duo is two Unos in one box, and a diversity controller that looks at both RSSI and image quality to perform seamless switching. You get what you pay for I suppose but it IS a lot of money.

gasato said:

I like a diversity setup. I don't own a DUO but with my generic diversity monitor, a helical and a cloverleaf, I get great results out as far as I care to fly. With just a helical, you will lose signal when flying in close - my cloverleaf is working most of the time when I'm bouncing around the local area.

Sorry for the offtopic guys but this thread seems to have the best knowledge about BP.

Have anyone been able to connect their gopro´s hdmi out to the pearls hdmi input? Mine will not :(
With same cables it pops up rightaway on my tv.

it would be really nice to show my clients on field the footage in decent quality without osd overlayd.

inzane1000 said:
Sorry for the offtopic guys but this thread seems to have the best knowledge about BP.

Have anyone been able to connect their gopro´s hdmi out to the pearls hdmi input? Mine will not :(

it would be really nice to show my clients on field the footage in decent quality without osd overlayd.

Haven't tried playing recorded video from the camera to get HDMI output. If it does it (check the instructions) then get a cheaper TV from Wal-Mart (or similar if you are not in the US). Cost is $100 and they will run off a simple converter from your car. I have a couple of RageCams that have removable lenses and when a lens is moved, it has to be refocused using the HDMI hookup. Bought a cheap TV for that purpose (which subs as a really big FPV monitor in the field). However, I haven't tried playing the recorded video from the camera.

ladykate said:
inzane1000 said:

Haven't tried playing recorded video from the camera to get HDMI output. If it does it (check the instructions) then get a cheaper TV from Wal-Mart (or similar if you are not in the US). Cost is $100 and they will run off a simple converter from your car. I have a couple of RageCams that have removable lenses and when a lens is moved, it has to be refocused using the HDMI hookup. Bought a cheap TV for that purpose (which subs as a really big FPV monitor in the field). However, I haven't tried playing the recorded video from the camera.

I´ve tested the gopro´s hdmi out and it works to my tv, but not to my BP. Really strange, becouse every other hdmi input i give my BP works?! :/ The manual says maximum 1920x1080/60hz so it should.

ladykate said:
inzane1000 said:

So you're saying you have a TV that has HDMI in, and also Composite in?
Having a hard time finding a decent LCD screen that accepts Composite(analogue in)....and, can't find a decent analogue to digital converter....

havasuphoto said:
So you're saying you have a TV that has HDMI in, and also Composite in?
Having a hard time finding a decent LCD screen that accepts Composite(analogue in)....and, can't find a decent analogue to digital converter....

Yes. Almost all the newer TVs (at least in Wal-Mart!) have hdmi and analogue - even the very cheapest ones. Unfortunately, the digital part of the TV will blue screen with no input (mine does anyway). Doesn't matter if it is hdmi or rca plug.

ianwood said:
Trust me, it's not the Black Pearl. It's the ImmersionRC 600. It is only compatible with a very small set of receivers. Multiple people have had exactly the same problem with the Immersion and the receiver in the Lilliput 664w.

Ian, if the ImmersionRC 600 is only compatible with a small set of receivers, then what model/brand are those receivers? We have two of the 600s here in NZ, bought by two separate friends, and the reception using this rx is pretty much crap,
exactly like we're seeing in goldfishrock's video. http://youtu.be/Wa2XSgCEQwo
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index. ... ts_id=1058

We're mulling over what rx to buy to solve this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT