Random low flying plane flew right over over my P3

Reaction score
I was trying to film the local fireworks from above my house (which is in the country and less than 4 miles from the fireworks) and, what appeared to be a low flying plane or ultralight flew in from a few miles away, and flew right at my Phantom. It later did a 2nd pass right over top of me. I was only at around 300 ft, and lowered quickly because it looked dangerously close. It looked like another drone at first but it was loud and sounded like a gas motor. The "ufo" lol, flew in what looked like a large circle around the fireworks and over the city, going out of its way to check my P3 out. I didn't think low flying aircraft like that were allowed to fly that low over city limits, does anyone else have any knowledge on this? What it most likely was?

Are you in Seguin by chance? Same here, a low flying plane probably at 400 feet or just under flying a square pattern. I sent my phantom up and the plane never came over head instead navigated 1/2 a mile away.

hmm.. from what I have heard a airplane must stay 500 AGL and higher, that is unless take off or landing. Helicopters on the other hand can go below that. I have had one a many airplanes below 300 feet in the area before. If i could only see the tail number to report them. As for ultralights I am not sure on those..

Nope, I'm in Orrville, Ohio. This looked a lot lower than it was, but I doubt it was over 500-700 feet

The human eye is the absolutely worst equipment for measuring altitude or height. The aircraft was likely at 500 ft.

I had several news choppers orbiting around the fireworks in St. Louis. They definitely were below 400ft. Wasn't going to send out my P3 until I saw green lights from two other aerial devices, so up I went. They returned quickly due to what appeared low batteries (red lights), while I hung out for the entire show around 350ft up near the center to avoid the choppers

I had several news choppers orbiting around the fireworks in St. Louis. They definitely were below 400ft. Wasn't going to send out my P3 until I saw green lights from two other aerial devices, so up I went. They returned quickly due to what appeared low batteries (red lights), while I hung out for the entire show around 350ft up near the center to avoid the choppers
Guess you wouldn't go during a thunderstorm and fireworks launching from boat in 15-20mph winds then [emoji12]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436072957.381440.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1436072984.153179.jpg

Reactions: 2nd2non and snerd
Guess you wouldn't go during a thunderstorm and fireworks launching from boat in 15-20mph
Not a chance! You've got more guys than me [emoji6]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic