R.C. broken

In this video, at about 1:31, the hand hides how to dislodge the ribbon connector from the board. Is it a straight pull-out or is there a latch?
EDIT: Latch

Last edited:
I just got my controller back from DBS and my left control stick clicks when it reaches about half way straight down. This was 100% caused by DBS when they did the install. I haven't contacted them about it yet, but wanted to see if this is something I can fix as I don't want to send it all the way back to Florida and risk further damage via mail carriers being rough with it.

I just got my controller back from DBS and my left control stick clicks when it reaches about half way straight down. This was 100% caused by DBS when they did the install. I haven't contacted them about it yet, but wanted to see if this is something I can fix as I don't want to send it all the way back to Florida and risk further damage via mail carriers being rough with it.
Give them a shout-- and let them know.

It's not real hard to open up if you watch the YouTube video. But if you do open it up they might say you caused it. I'd just contact DBS and send it back. It's always a good thing to have a 2nd controller. They can be bought for ~$200. I installed the itelite DBS antenna on my original and bought a brand new one online for $200 so it's stock. Look at the classifieds here and usually people are selling them.

It's not real hard to open up if you watch the YouTube video. But if you do open it up they might say you caused it. I'd just contact DBS and send it back. It's always a good thing to have a 2nd controller. They can be bought for ~$200. I installed the itelite DBS antenna on my original and bought a brand new one online for $200 so it's stock. Look at the classifieds here and usually people are selling them.

I just shot DBS an email. Funny part is, when I shipped my RC out to get this mod, I was super worried about something like this happening. [emoji17]

Chuck from dbsmods is an upstanding vendor. He will make it right .
Happy to report my controller is on its way back from DBS. They emailed me and confirmed a wire was jarred out of place, causing it to interfere with the right stick.

They also said a piece of plastic from a screw mount inside it broke off and that they reinforced it with glue. DBS suspects both issues were caused by the package being dropped during shipment.

Anyway, hope it makes it back to me without further issues. Kudos to Chuck and Judy at DBS for their help.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
DJI truly is tops at engineering the electronics of these machines. But as to the mechanics of the assembly and choice of plastics, just about any toy company has them beat. It's unfathomable just how bad the plastics are. Then using screws that are too short. I don't get these guys. I've taken apart plenty of Futaba and Spectrum radios and never have I seen this.

Last edited:
hello all (I'm a new one and this is my first post)

same happend to me 4 days ago

i test my RTH button (push and hold) and it was suddenly depressed in way very far, inside the RC box. (I never used this button before)

also, some strange noise of small pieces shaking inside the RC.

i open it, and found that the screw holes of RTH were broken, POWER button, broken too). SEE PICT!

noticed also that almost every screw post inside the remote shell are broken or cracked (same as read from this forum) SEE PICT!

I had ever dropped my rc.

As I live in Antananarivo, Madagascar (Africa, Indian Ocean), I bought my DJI P3P from Paris, France (8000km far from here in Madagascar), the only solution is to make on my own a lot of VERY BIG FIX inside the RC (RTH &PWR button + shell case). SEE PICT!

conclusion: very bad plastic and some screw too short ‘to do their job’ correctly, and I suspect some issue regarding the assembly process in their factory (overtighten the screws).

I’m very disappointed about the RC case and the part assembly of this P3P.

Attachments

• damage (others)-05 (PWR).jpg
    damage (others)-05 (PWR).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 328
  • damage-01 (button RTH).jpg
    damage-01 (button RTH).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 399
  • damage-02 (button PWR).jpg
    damage-02 (button PWR).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 381
  • My Final RC.jpg
    My Final RC.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 370
  • repair (button RTH)-01.jpg
    repair (button RTH)-01.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 353
  • repair-01(button RTH).jpg
    repair-01(button RTH).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 339
  • repair-02(button RTH).png
    repair-02(button RTH).png
    2.3 MB · Views: 467
  • repair-03.jpg
    repair-03.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 364
  • repair-04.jpg
    repair-04.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 385
  • repair-05.jpg
    repair-05.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 394
Reactions: Vitor Damiani
I've owned one phantom 1, 2 visions, 2 vision pluses, and now on my third phantom 3. I've cracked them all with the exception of my last phantom 3. But this last one I've had every single shell retention clip from the center section fall out. It usually starts with a rattle in the shell. The. I proceed to turn the bird a few times, upside down and such and a piece falls out. Today this fell out. To be honest, I absolutely love the design of these craft and the electronics. But the plastic used leaves a lot to be desired. It is barely toy grade.

20160128_190104.jpg

I was flying and suddenly my rc stick was stuck . Thank god there is something like RTH. I heard something shaking inside the controller .... that's not the right sound , so I decided to open up my controller . Oh my what's this .... what a mess. Almost all the places where the 2 sides of the RC are connected and more importantly the places where the RC control sticks are connected to the RC are broken to . Never dropped my rc or whatever. Someone got a idea how I can fix this the best way. If it is even worth trying .
Maybe the same weak plastic (thinner) that they used on the P3 shells.

hello all (I'm a new one and this is my first post)

same happend to me 4 days ago

i test my RTH button (push and hold) and it was suddenly depressed in way very far, inside the RC box. (I never used this button before)

also, some strange noise of small pieces shaking inside the RC.

i open it, and found that the screw holes of RTH were broken, POWER button, broken too). SEE PICT!

noticed also that almost every screw post inside the remote shell are broken or cracked (same as read from this forum) SEE PICT!

I had ever dropped my rc.

As I live in Antananarivo, Madagascar (Africa, Indian Ocean), I bought my DJI P3P from Paris, France (8000km far from here in Madagascar), the only solution is to make on my own a lot of VERY BIG FIX inside the RC (RTH &PWR button + shell case). SEE PICT!

conclusion: very bad plastic and some screw too short ‘to do their job’ correctly, and I suspect some issue regarding the assembly process in their factory (overtighten the screws).

I’m very disappointed about the RC case and the part assembly of this P3P.

The same thing happened to me.
How did you fix them? Which glue did you use? Is that metal thing a threaded inset?!

I don't even have my 3Standard yet but it seems I bought a piece of junk :'(

Hi all

Apologies to dig this thread up, but i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get hold of longer screws that will allow me to effectivley re-thread what remains of the towers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues