Questions

Reaction score
I'm a brand new P2V+ owner, I've had it for about 5 days now, however I've owned an FC40 for almost a year now. I bought the P2V+ on eBay recently as an upgrade and am planning on selling my FC40...

Anyway, I just had a couple questions about the quadcopter, remote, batteries, etc.

First of all, I bought this used on eBay, so of course it's not a perfect quad. The thumb-rest (not sure what else to call it) on the left joystick of the controller was missing, and I've looked all over the internet for this and can't seem to find one... Does anyone know where to buy one of these? In case you're still confused, it's the silver thing that screws onto the joystick that you rest your thumb on.

Also, this came with 6 batteries. I'm planning to sell a few of them on eBay to help make up for the difference in cost between the P2V+ and the FC40. I've tested all of the batteries, and they all work great, except for one, which works fine while you hover, but as soon as you ascend quickly, the lights on the back of the quadcopter itself blink red rapidly. When you stop the ascent the lights resume to the normal green color. On the vision app while the lights are blinking red, the battery indicator blinks red, and then becomes blue like normal again, but the battery drains about 4%/second. By the time I get it on the ground, the battery is at about 20%. after letting the battery sit for a few hours, it says that it has almost full charge again. Is there any battery cali that I have to do???

Finally, is the V3 controller with the new gimbal tilt knob compatible with an older P2V+???

Thanks for any help... I'll post any extra questions that I have on this thread...

Last edited:
Hello Sigiwig, Welcome to the forum

If I were you, I would try to address your "Questions" at least a bit in the title. Folks will look at your title and pass it by. I also wouldn't add new questions to an existing thread if there is no connection, unless you already establish a good group following the thread.

I'm thinking your battery is crap.
Have you been following the "Smart battery" issues?

I hope to see your FC40 in the classifieds soon.
Good luck, have a blast. I do.

Here's a great way to search within our forum:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Hello Sigiwig, Welcome to the forum

If I were you, I would try to address your "Questions" at least a bit in the title. Folks will look at your title and pass it by. I also wouldn't add new questions to an existing thread if there is no connection, unless you already establish a good group following the thread.

I'm thinking your battery is crap.
Have you been following the "Smart battery" issues?

I hope to see your FC40 in the classifieds soon.
Good luck, have a blast. I do.

Here's a great way to search within our forum:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Thanks for the feedback. I edited my original post to include the question about the V3 controller, and deleted that reply.

I did have second thoughts about my title, but I'm pretty sure there's not a way to change it now... :(

What do you mean by following the smart battery issues???

Thanks

I did have second thoughts about my title, but I'm pretty sure there's not a way to change it now... :(

What do you mean by following the smart battery issues???

Thanks

Yea, I don't know how to change a title either. I just know that when I come up with a good title it goes like a Greyhound..

Smart batteries aren't so smart. Sometimes they just stop and the P2 falls to the ground. There are a lot of reasons the P2s are dropping. New technology has bugs. Check out some of the longer threads and you will find out lots of good info.

My nickel's worth, don't ever go too high or over water with that suspect battery. Trackers are worth their weight in gold.

So, have I given you enough info for you to give me a deal on your FC40? LOL

keep your batteries, use the naff one for sat lock for max flight time and setting up/updates etc.
i think all the knob bits are the same (ahem)
the new controller is a god send to be honest, i just upgraded mine and its great

is the V3 controller with the new gimbal tilt knob compatible with an older P2V+?
Yes.

The thumb-rest (not sure what else to call it) on the left joystick of the controller was missing
These are commonly called "transmitter stick ends". You need size "M3" stick ends. I was not able to find DJI replacements, but there are some M3 stick ends available on Amazon and eBay.

Last edited:
Yea, I don't know how to change a title either. I just know that when I come up with a good title it goes like a Greyhound..

Smart batteries aren't so smart. Sometimes they just stop and the P2 falls to the ground. There are a lot of reasons the P2s are dropping. New technology has bugs. Check out some of the longer threads and you will find out lots of good info.

My nickel's worth, don't ever go too high or over water with that suspect battery. Trackers are worth their weight in gold.

So, have I given you enough info for you to give me a deal on your FC40? LOL

Haha why do you want another FC40??? It has an extra battery and a gimbal... How much were you thinking???

Lots of you guys said the new V3 controller gimbal tilt is compatible with an older quadcopter, but it doesn't seem to work for me :(

All of the controls work fine, except the camera tilt... I have all the latest firmware and everything... Any ideas???

sigiwig44, have you seen any of my videos? I'm gonna wear out mine, if I don't total it first. They are bulletproof and very predictable.

But you shouldn't keep yours. It's a piece of krap, sell it for a hun or a buck and a half. Let me know.

****, I make myself laugh out loud too much.

sigiwig44, have you seen any of my videos? I'm gonna wear out mine, if I don't total it first. They are bulletproof and very predictable.

But you shouldn't keep yours. It's a piece of krap, sell it for a hun or a buck and a half. Let me know.

No??? Can you link a video???

I will be selling mine in the next few weeks... I need the money, I just can't have so much invested into quadcopters, especially one I won't be using... Are there classifieds on this forum???

If I were you though, I'd upgrade to a vision +, the FC40 FPV range isn't good enough, nor is the range of the quadcopter... The info the vision app gives you is awesome. Also, you have a gimbal, 14mp camera 1080p video, and it's all super stable... It's totally worth spending a bit more money...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lots of you guys said the new V3 controller gimbal tilt is compatible with an older quadcopter, but it doesn't seem to work for me :(

All of the controls work fine, except the camera tilt... I have all the latest firmware and everything... Any ideas???

Still a problem... I have all of the latest firmware, and enabled "Upgrade Version" in the assistant software... Any ideas???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31