Question regarding two Phantoms v2+ in the air, same time

Reaction score
My main question is; could having 2 Dji Phantom Vision plus in the air at the same time cause problem in regards to controls(5,8ghz or wifi 2,4ghz) ?

My friend and I had a crash recently. We were both setting up our phantoms, and my friend first flew off, and after approx 20m off ground, it suddenly lost control and flew hard horizontally-right until it crashed in the ground. My phantom was never off ground as we inspected the crash of my friends phantom.

I must admit that neither of us did the proper calibration in start. So perhaps this is the problem, and not the frequency interference?

Any feedback and/or information would be much appreciated

Regards,
Gjermund

Re: Question regarding two Phantoms v2+ in the air, same tim

Flying two at once is fine. Probaly should of calibrated and made sure you has sat lock

I cannot speak to the wifi bit, but theoretically two Phantoms nearby should not interfere. Each RC is paired specifically with it's Phantom so there should be no way that any RC commands from RC A would affect Phantom B.

I haven't done it personally (hope to soon!) but I've seen multiple times around here guys talking about flying their Phantoms with other Phantoms.

I'm sure two are fine, the Transmitters are paired to their own quad. But I did have a similar crash, and I too think it was a poor Compass Calibration. I rushed pre-flight, had a huge air field available, it went up and hovered as usual, then as I got it moving a little left (quad-right) it sped up and started to go away so I crashed it...No damage at all just, some dirt and grass. After successful Compass Cal on another day it hovered and moved like it should.

Thank you for all the fast replies and information.

We'll now give it another go. :) (with a proper calibration before take-off)

I can't imagine how lack of compass calibration would contribute to this. Likewise current spread-spectrum radio technology in these radios makes frequency interference between Phantoms extremely unlikely.

MacCool said:
I can't imagine how lack of compass calibration would contribute to this. Likewise current spread-spectrum radio technology in these radios makes frequency interference between Phantoms extremely unlikely.
It's the same technology that lets hundreds of cellphones work from the same location simultaneously without interference.

Gjermunderevik said:
I must admit that neither of us did the proper calibration in start. So perhaps this is the problem, and not the frequency interference?

Gjermund

I really don't see the issue of drones sharing airspace with full size aircraft. Everyone is making a big fuss out of nothing.

Could there be problems if someone is flying a P2 with 2.4 for control and 5.8 for video and the other is flying a P2v+ with 5.8 control and wifi for video.

HeliGuy said:
I really don't see the issue of drones sharing airspace with full size aircraft. Everyone is making a big fuss out of nothing.

Sarcasm... everyone's favorite.

DrJoe said:
HeliGuy said:

Sarcasm... everyone's favorite.

With a bias! (Drone dealer) ;)

I have flown both mine at the same without any problems other than almost crashing into the other one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl