Question about Gimbals and 9450 props on a phanton 1.1.1

Reaction score
I have a 1.1.1 and have a tarot Gimbal on it. I have the 9450 props on it and was wondering if there is anything I can do to stop it from going forward on takeoff because of the gimbal changing the center of gravity? Is there something I should do with the gains?

Any help would be appreciated.

Plan A... Take a look at the belly of your bird and see if you can shift the whole mount aft a bit.
Plan B... Pull the pitch stick back a little while lifting off.
Plan C... Some folks like to climb rapidly to about 10 feet or so. That can help with clearing obstacles and tipping as it slowly lifts off.
And there's always D... take off from a platform, box, table or something higher than the surrounding obstacles.

I don't know how adjusting the gains would help. It just takes a second for the GPS to realize there has been a bit of forward movement. The rapid climb doesn't give the phantom the opportunity to tip into anything.

That does make sense. I am wondering about the gain with the 9450 props on. I have read all over that you need to change them because of the bigger props.

Thanks for all the help.

I didn't need to change the gains, but I fly from 5,000 to 8,000 feet above sea level. Maybe when I get better I will realize the benefit of adjusting the gains.

Your welcome.

I haven't adjusted gains for the 9450 props and I gave been using them for 4 months or so. If anyone does change them with success I would be interested. I wonder if that could help with the vrs on a quick deceleration

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

Same here, 9450s, wouldn't fly with any others. I lost my first P1.1.1 on March 12 and when I started modding my replacement bird, 9450s were the FIRST thing to go on. I have read on some other forums that the extreme angle of the 9450 prop causes a slightly slower RPM and that may be where the increase in gain theory is coming from. +1 Dtitus, I like to know if it helps VRS as well. Surely someone has adjusted gains with those props and will chime in.

Until then, fly safe/fly happy (notice NO hashtag :p)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31