Pyramiden - Svalbard

Reaction score
Went to this "Ghost Town" on Svalbard this summer.

It was really interesting and fascinating to be on a place that once was a place full of life, and then was deserted.

I only had about 20 minutes to film before we were leaving and it was raining. Dont like to fly in the rain but was worth the risk to get some rare footage!

Nice job filming! Very smooth!

Reactions: Zorro
Nice job filming! Very smooth!
Thank you! I also made a vlog from when I was here
shows more of the town from ground level and some unexpected truble I had when I was going to fly.

Reactions: Javier Ruiz O
Very nice videos and place!
I had the chance to visit Longyearbyen during a cruise during first forthnight of August,t 2016. The family chose to tour the town, the log cabins and huskies and we did that missing the excursion to Pyramiden. Nice experience but nothing as wonderful as when the ship, on its way back, visited the glacier and sailed at a very slow pace in front of Pyramiden. Colours, skies and rain were similar to yours, and it was then when I hardly missed not carrying my Phantom for that trip. I have revisited that sensation now with your videos and I am glad that your P4P resisted the rain. Congratulations and thank you for sharing!
0be32b326b2f990198dba379d0bb3ced.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorro
Very nice videos and place!
I had the chance to visit Longyearbyen during a cruise during first forthnight of August,t 2016. The family chose to tour the town, the log cabins and huskies and we did that missing the excursion to Pyramiden. Nice experience but nothing as wonderful as when the ship, on its way back, visited the glacier and sailed at a very slow pace in front of Pyramiden. Colours, skies and rain were similar to yours, and it was then when I hardly missed not carrying my Phantom for that trip. I have revisited that sensation now with your videos and I am glad that your P4P resisted the rain. Congratulations and thank you for sharing!
0be32b326b2f990198dba379d0bb3ced.jpg
We went, me and 4 friends. We went fossihubting on the glacier, drinking beer in the pubs and the boattrip to the big glacier and I will remeber cisiting this awesome place forever I think. And I will most likely visit it again.

Im so glad that you got to revisit this trip from my video. Probably the best comment I have ever gotten from a video, touched me that I could make an impact [emoji2] . Thank you very much.

More back story on this place and those ground structures please?
National Geographic made this excellent short movie about the place. Recommend it very much. Think it will give you alot information about the place.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl