PV2+ just arrived

Reaction score
yesterday. I flung open the box and charged and flew it in 25-30. Amazing. Some questions

1. video seemed like low frame rate (1080p / 30) at 30 it should be smooth? The solution was to edit in final cut pro and turn on smoothing and rolling shutter. I hope to try 1080i today at 60.

2. It performed well. Do I want to upgrade firmware? I've heard horror stories on here. also can't quite figure out how to update it. (separate file? or though assistant? and do I even want to?

3. I ordered the 2.4G ground station data link, I assumed it would work but won't work on 2+ . Do I send it back for a refund (while I can) or do I wait (will it be supported by 2+ ???

4. Phone screen is SO SMALL - anyone using a iPad for the vision app/controls. (is there even a iPad vers?)

5. I want IOC (home/course) will S2 do this already or must I configure it? I saw a check box in assistant. I checked it. But how do I know if the phantom received and made the change? I didn't see a download to phantom, or really any sort of interaction. I plugged it into the mini jack on the top of the gimble, I put in a battery and turned on the phantom. (? correct?) The phone app (vision app said it was connected) but I never saw any interaction.

sorry for so many questions. thanks.

Both the switches are not working out of the box, you need to take it out of Phantom mode and into NAZA mode. Remember to change the GPS ATTI / ATTI / Manual switch to not have manual when down. Use GPS / ATTI / ATTI or use failsafe as the lower pos.

Some people says IOC does not work with latest firmware ? Tried quickly, but no lock. Return to Home worked when it lost radio contact @350 meters. Only 1 tree obstructing.

Got very laggy video on my iPhone 4. Uses my iPad mini and the iPhone app. Had to use plastic stips to tie an iPad mini car mount to the existing holder. And it works great. 640x480@15 fps. Vith the WiFi booster I have been out at 550 meters = 1800 ft.

Learn to fly it visually to keep situational awareness. Use the iPad/iPhone when lost.

Ron K said:
yesterday. I flung open the box and charged and flew it in 25-30. Amazing. Some questions

1. video seemed like low frame rate (1080p / 30) at 30 it should be smooth? The solution was to edit in final cut pro and turn on smoothing and rolling shutter. I hope to try 1080i today at 60.

2. It performed well. Do I want to upgrade firmware? I've heard horror stories on here. also can't quite figure out how to update it. (separate file? or though assistant? and do I even want to?

3. I ordered the 2.4G ground station data link, I assumed it would work but won't work on 2+ . Do I send it back for a refund (while I can) or do I wait (will it be supported by 2+ ???

4. Phone screen is SO SMALL - anyone using a iPad for the vision app/controls. (is there even a iPad vers?)

5. I want IOC (home/course) will S2 do this already or must I configure it? I saw a check box in assistant. I checked it. But how do I know if the phantom received and made the change? I didn't see a download to phantom, or really any sort of interaction. I plugged it into the mini jack on the top of the gimble, I put in a battery and turned on the phantom. (? correct?) The phone app (vision app said it was connected) but I never saw any interaction.

I will comment on #5. Read the manual on how to get the software working. Basically for PC install the driver and plug into phantom not camera. Its all in the manual. Switch to naza to get IOC and other S1 functions. And study the assistant. Calibrate IMU, tx sticks and compass.

I am on the latest firmware and have no issues with IOC. I used it yesterday to return home when I lost eye contact against the clouds. Learn how to use the Radar feature, that is probably my favorite feature for bringing it back.

Ron K said:

Have you actually OPENED the manual & READ IT? Q3+Q4 aside, It tells you how to do all this in the instructions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues