PV vs AMP 450 or Disco Pro

Reaction score
Just asking for any/all thoughts re the comparisons of the 3 Quads above.
I know this is a Phantom forum...but we can discuss relative advantages of other choices?
With a budget of $2-3k...and the need for steady video, gimbal, FPV....does anyone have experience of the AMP 450 or Disco Pro and able to compare?
I'd hate to buy a PV and need to upgrade in 6 mths.

Based on the multi rotors you're considering, I think that you should consider your own custom build. "RTF" units in the price range that you're in ($2-3k) are kind of over hyped, and for the price increase, they're only marginally better than something like the Phantom or P2V.When you decide to go full on customized, you can piece together your craft specifically for the payload that you want, making it more efficient and with better flight time.

It's kind of intimidating getting into building your own, but fortunately there are some good instructional out there that you can check out. One that caught my eye recently was FPV Geek. It looks like they're shooting an instructional series focused around their custom frame design, I assume intended for gopro. I'm not sure if they're set up to sell yet, but their selling point on their frame design is elevated front motor mounts, keeping props out of the shot at high speed. www.fpvgeek.com

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik