Put lost-n-found info on your GoPro

Reaction score
I had an idea that I hadn't seen so I thought I'd share. I did a search and didn't find anyone doing anything similar (although the search terms aren't obvious).

I took my GoPro and recorded a simple ~10 second video that's just me saying that I fly my Phantom as a hobby and if you're watching this, I've lost my baby... :) and if you happen to find the quad, please call xxx-xxx-xxxx and return it for a reward. I then renamed the file to WatchMe.MP4 and I'll leave that short video on the card and never erase it.

Figured anyone who finds it would look on the card.

Edit: BTW thought of just putting an Owner Info.txt file on the card but I figured the video would be a more personal plea.

Mike

Nice idea.

There is also a guy on the forum selling custom stickers to put on your Phantom including one with your phone number and a "If lost call xxx-xxxx for a reward"

Or just get a piece of tape and write your phone number on the back of the go pro case. If it lands in some yokels yard he may not have the know how or even a computer to plug the gopro into. Do the same thing with the actual phantom, piece of scotch tape on the top and your phone number with black magic marker. No need to get overly technical

MILLER4PRESIDENT2020 said:
Or just get a piece of tape and write your phone number on the back of the go pro case. If it lands in some yokels yard he may not have the know how or even a computer to plug the gopro into. Do the same thing with the actual phantom, piece of scotch tape on the top and your phone number with black magic marker. No need to get overly technical

Already did that. This was a failsafe in case weather (rain for example) made the number unreadable or it scraped part of the number off in a crash against a limb.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik