Pushing left controll stick down during flight.

I can confirm. Bringing the left stick all the way down while flying will NOT initiate a CSC. I have tested the max descent rate numerous times, while stationary and in forward flight. Both sticks down and in the corners for 2 seconds will initiate a CSC.

Does it mean if we accidently or carelessly initate CSC while the aircraft is flying, the engine will stop and cause a crash?

Does it mean if we accidently or carelessly initate CSC while the aircraft is flying, the engine will stop and cause a crash?
The manual is pretty blunt about that.
i-ZhRNmjb.jpg

BUT you will only "accidentally" initiate CSC in flight if you are flying like a crazy chimp.
It is not something that happens in normal flight.

You should still be aware of VRS. Someone just posted a crash thread here a few days ago. VRS caused the crash.
I have extensively tested a P3 full descent many times and from considerable height.
The offset motors eliminate the chance of VRS even though the descent speed is 50% greater than on the P2.
It's interesting that the crashed Standard was lumbered with prop guards that definitely handicap your Phantom and make it easier to get into VRS and harder to get out.
Another good reason not to handicap your Phantom with prop guards.
Ironic that they give confidence when they can actually make your flying less safe.

Reactions: Bryn Williams
It certainly has been greatly reduced. It's still possible though.
It was a definite possibility for the P2 and that's why DJI eventually slowed its descent to a snail's pace 2 m/s.
But I have really tested this with the P3 from a considerable height in dead calm multiple times ever since the P3 came out.
My testing convinces me that the DJI engineers did a good job and it's not an issue for a stock P3 with no encumbrances like prop guards.

Reactions: Erroll
It was a definite possibility for the P2 and that's why DJI eventually slowed its descent to a snail's pace 2 m/s.
But I have really tested this with the P3 from a considerable height in dead calm multiple times ever since the P3 came out.
My testing convinces me that the DJI engineers did a good job and it's not an issue for a stock P3 with no encumbrances like prop guards.
Exactly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20