Protecting the camera

Reaction score
Does anyone have a gadget that will fit the P3-SE that protects the camera? If it lands on a flat surface no problem. If it were to land a little ****-eyed, I can see where the camera could potentially get damaged. I bought useless leg extenders for a Phantom 3 because I was told they would work. That's when I found out there aren't very many parts for the SE.

Any ideas folks? Thank you.

Since the standard does not have VPS. This should work for your purposes. There are many others out there as well.

Gimbal Guard

Thank you! Assuming the distance between the leg stands is the exactly the same, that should work!

Well, I'll be.. The third time is a charm. I just now tried the leg extenders again, and I was able to get the leg extenders on! Sort of.. One side fits snugly the other, not so much. Maybe that's the way they are designed, but it works! I see I'm missing one of those black foam feet. Jeez, I'm needy.

Attachments

• PejknDdzQ2q+KaypHg52UQ.jpg
    PejknDdzQ2q+KaypHg52UQ.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 285
  • OpQhOR85Tqa05Z1G3ir49w.jpg
    OpQhOR85Tqa05Z1G3ir49w.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 349
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
They LOOK Great and Gee.....The Kitchen is clean too :)! .... Happy take off and landings to you.
I Remember you Rodee we chatted by way of PMs here .

Oh a few nylon ties sure would add security to the extenders put them around the landing gear just in case you wanted to add a few to each side.

Reactions: Rodee34
Great idea.. thanks MCM! Of course I remember you! Well, I've got the legs on, and the gimbal guard ordered... I'll secure the extenders somehow. Each side almost fits.

Yes, I remember chatting with you, thanks for remembering! It's been a while.

I've been MIA for a while here, but looking forward to my first year flying...if I can remember the password. Seems I can't get in to the Phantom network using 12341234. I KNOW I didn't change that. I have a VPN, turned that off... that didn't help. I'm just stuck. Everything worked fine with my last iPhone.

I'll figure it out tho..

Since the standard does not have VPS. This should work for your purposes. There are many others out there as well.

Gimbal Guard

The guard arrived this morning already. I slid it on, and it doesn't seem to interfere with the camera at all. I'll have to take it for a test fly before glueing it or screwing it on permanently. Thank you for the link!

The guard arrived this morning already. I slid it on, and it doesn't seem to interfere with the camera at all. I'll have to take it for a test fly before glueing it or screwing it on permanently. Thank you for the link!

Gimbal Guard

Before taking off tonite I double checked the gimbal guard/camera clearance, and I'm glad I did. Most people on Amazon and on here said they did a small modification to the guard so the camera wouldn't be restricted. I noticed at a certain angle, it did touch the guard.. so for tonite I removed the guard before my "take off". That was the good part of the night (still daylight, but 6:30 - 7:00-ish). To be continued on a new thread, because it's a new problem. I will address the guard modification when I get back from my trip. I've got alot to learn, but... I will. My goal tonite was to simply to learn the controls a bit better. That didn't happen.

Bottom line on this Gimbal Guard thread.. it's awesome! I will make it permanent (tie wraps) once I know it clears the camera in action. So thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.