Props and paranoia

Well I started way back and have just progressed on up . Have tried about everything ya can .
The P2V is one sturdy bird and have had 3 and an rebuilding it now as it had a ahaaaaaaaa
mishap :)
Just take one thing at atime and don't let it overwhelm ya and you will get it .
I learned most of my antenna mods from the P2V+ antenna mod section .
The first one was adding the RE700

Thanks man. I'll holler at you in the future with more questions. May end up bugging you to death if ya don't mind lol.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How much better is the 700 over the 500

Thanks man. I'll holler at you in the future with more questions. May end up bugging you to death if ya don't mind lol.

Anytime
How much better is the 700 over the 500

Will more than double your FPV . You will see in FPV when you run out of 5.8 and RTH
Best and cheapest mod I know . Really cheaper now than when I started .

Hey buddy. What kind of range would you say I should be getting with my junky stock transmitter

Hey buddy. What kind of range would you say I should be getting with my junky stock transmitter

It's not junky it's just what ya got . To be honest a can't even remember it's been so long ago when I got mine .
I do remember I would lose FPV first and that's when I got the re700 and that changed to the other way around .
If you come across a P2V+ TX with the scroll wheel I would jump on that as it really is nice controlling your camera roll with that .

Reason I ask is I was flying the other day and was only about 400' away and 2 something altitude and it said rc signal lost. It was in los. Surely that's not normal?

Not unless something was in-between you or there was a lot of noise there . Maybe your preview quality was too high .

No. I could see the bird easily. Preview quality too high? Don't follow you on that. Was still getting live feed but rc signal lost. Began rth at that point.

Is there a correlation between preview quality and signal strength? What setting do you recommend?

029827ba31b3dda42fd301cf8fb7a872.jpg

Thinking about purchasing one. Good idea?

No. I could see the bird easily. Preview quality too high? Don't follow you on that. Was still getting live feed but rc signal lost. Began rth at that point.

In app
in settings
preview Quality...their are 4, the lower the more distance in FPV you will have .
As to your other post , I have done been there done that and have gave it all away .
What I have spent I could buy another quad . That will give you more FPV but no 5.8 .
You really better of getting the RE700 .
You need to look in p2v+ mods as that's were I got all mine . What your doing is what I did over a year ago .
After all my testing I found what I use now to be the best . This itelite panel wasn't around when I started and have
2 now . Have used FPVLR and if you look in my media you can see what my bird looked like with all of that .
Now I just have a 700 and the panel with out any amps .Amps will give you more but also weight on your TX as you
have to have a battery for them .
I if I was you try the 700 to start with and if that not enough then you will need to use a better 5.8 antenna .
Brother I could go all nite on this but as far as I'm concerned this DA8827B2-42CF-407C-89B1-EE47BDB5A19A.JPG is the way to go and be done with it .
You don't see my 700 there as I moved it to here IMG_2609.JPG
So both of my TX's look like this tx.jpg Now if you really want to go then that's another story as you have to open the camera for the 2.4's
and the 5.8 board is heack to deal with because of that black goo on the connecter .
Sorry this is long but had to leave and just got back .
After all I have tested and that's about all I do this is what I have settled on ....Whew :)

Ok. Yea I know the quality settings. Just didn't realize that the higher you set it the lower the range. But I really appreciate all the wisdom bro. I see a lot of different setups and have no clue which way to go. Sorry if I be buggin too much.

So to sum up I need a 700. Itelite board and p2v+ rc. Correct?

Ok. Yea I know the quality settings. Just didn't realize that the higher you set it the lower the range. But I really appreciate all the wisdom bro. I see a lot of different setups and have no clue which way to go. Sorry if I be buggin too much.

You not bugging me at all .There are all kind of ways to go but when I started there wasn't so I tried them all .
What I showed you is what works the best for me :)
Just what do you want in distance ?

So to sum up I need a 700. Itelite board and p2v+ rc. Correct?

That TX is nice but not necessary ,just keeps you from having to use the screen to move your camera .
I would just get the 700 to start and go form there . The 700 is a must .

10-4. Maybe half a mile at most distance wise

Try the 700 first and see what ya get . If you lose your control then make a windsurfer and see .
With the bird sides I was around 10,000'
Amps ya get way more .
Now this one I'm putting back together will be stock bird and that TX I showed ya. Give me till the weekend
and will show ya what I get set back up like that .
ALSO let me stress to you if you don't have a tracker get one .There are many and use my search and type in the middle and you will see all
the kinds folks use .You see what I use but read what others do .
Never listen to just 1 opinion but several and go from there :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj