Prop protectors with motor plates

Reaction score
Hi all, would anyone know if the snap on prop protectors can still be used if a set of motor reinforcement plates have also being fitted to the underside of the motors. Or, if there is a certain set of prop protectors that have to be used if plates are also fitted? Had the standard for 3 weeks now, but want to be really prepared before taking it up to it's capabilities. Lots to read up on and don't want to make the errors of so many new owners who appear to rush things a little. Had a couple of small flights and no issues at all, only that the android tablet is difficult to see in the daylight, even with the sunshade fitted. It is a 9.7'' tablet and it covers most of the controller, which I am no too happy with, so I may have to bite the bullet and go to an Ipad Mini or similar. Also, the large tablet seems to be simply too large hanging off the controller, very sloppy method IMO. Any ideas would be great. Regards. Geoff

I have seen pictures of both in use I suspect longer screws would be needed the 4 motor screws are M3 size the 2 body screws are M2.5 size you can buy longer screws then you need and cut them down to the right size. the best way to do that is to buy a Nut for the screws thread the nut on to the head of the screw cut the screw down use a file to clean any burrs and then wind the nut off the screw this will fix any thread issues that happened during cutting

I have seen pictures of both in use I suspect longer screws would be needed the 4 motor screws are M3 size the 2 body screws are M2.5 size you can buy longer screws then you need and cut them down to the right size. the best way to do that is to buy a Nut for the screws thread the nut on to the head of the screw cut the screw down use a file to clean any burrs and then wind the nut off the screw this will fix any thread issues that happened during cutting
Thanks for the help, will get onto some longer screws for the job. Regards. Geoff

Reactions: epicdoom
the guards that i have, SummitLink Snap On/off Prop Guards, would not work with motor reinforcement plates as they are contoured for the arm. they would have to be modified.

the base of the guards that stay behind when you unsnap them serve as a (sorta kinda poormans) reinforcement. to a point anyway.

Reactions: epicdoom
Be careful of screw length can cause motor failure if to long ( been there and done that ) LOL

yep ended up replacing 4 motors on the P34K because the previous owner put screw in it for prop guards that were Waay to long. I have a depth gauge I used to determine the proper screw length when I installed my Plates just to make sure the screws provided weren't to long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20