Product Review: AerialDroneAccessories.com Master Series 12.9" iPad Pro

Reaction score
Long time stalker. Semi recent member. First time poster.

Here is my review of AerialDroneAccessories.com 'S Master Shade for my iPad Pro:

1) Initial thoughts - Service
I first ordered this product right when Stacy (the owner) started offering the free Mavic shade (my next review) so about a month ago. That's a solid deal - 145 for the Pro shade and a free Mavic shade... so like 70 bucks each. There was some sort of design change which delayed things but Stacy was very quick to keep me up to date with what was happening.

Because of just the time delay I'd give it 4 out of 5. Other than that, very pleased with my communication with the company.

2) Initial thoughts - Product
It's big. I was surprised how big it is. Where I only saw it from the site I had an image in my head that this would be somewhat flexible or something... this bad boy is rigid. It definitely has the feel like it was made by a human. Its really a simply idea executed well. Where it is an expensive item, I was pretty pleased with the sense that some time went into making it. Doing the basic stress test (light pulling, twisting) has no apparent flaws/shimmys... it's really strong.
4.5 out of 5. I couldn't give it a perfect 5 because it will require me to paint it or put some fabric on it to give it a "complete" feel.

3) Usage
This is where it shines. I've now used this on a VERY sunny day after a snow storm here in Utah (very white and bright everywhere) and it is very nice and shady. There is a slight leak on the top right corner (about the thickness of 5 sheets of paper) but other than that, it is totally shaded.
It's really really big so I chose to put it on a tripod. It comes with a custom adapter to put it on the remote. I set it all up by replacing the tray with a flathead screwdriver and then fastening the custom piece on with an Allen wrench. It seats perfectly big it is TOOOOOO HEAVY!! If you have an iPad Pro on your RC you must have the forearm strength of Popeye.
The side walls are held by a magnet and they are strong little suckers. You can tilt it and they don't lose their stick (magnety stick).
4.5 out of 5. Just the little light leak in the top corner. Because of the nature of the product, I can't imagine someone having the same exact issue.

4) Overall Value
Very happy with this purchase. In the end, my wife asks me "was it worth 150 bucks?"
Yes. It feels like someone made it for me. I don't buy garbage and I always choose to support American businesses even if it costs more. I would easily go back and buy the smaller iPad shade from this company. For 145 bucks I feel like this is exactly what I paid for.

13 out of 15 points
*Pictures of shade taken before snow*

81808c55a1e540846147cc0ba07b2b9d.jpg
93f4c675e26639a354ec315aabed2945.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I bought a sheet of black cardboard from the newsagent for $1.50 and took 10 mins to make my own.
Folds flat and "clips" together with Velcro
10/10

I bought a sheet of black cardboard from the newsagent for $1.50 and took 10 mins to make my own.
10/10

Good for you. Keyword in my purpose of buying - "I don't buy garbage".

10/10

that's the way.

The drone market has become a cow to milk for the accessories producers. Everything with a production cost in the few bucks range is sold at 10 or 20 times its value. Which doesn't make it any better than what can be done with a DIY attitude at a negligible cost.

Reactions: Phill2
Guys I have just cleaned this thread up . Think before you post on this and Stay on topic . Thank You
Think.jpg

Reactions: weedoman
Long time stalker. Semi recent member. First time poster.

Here is my review of AerialDroneAccessories.com 'S Master Shade for my iPad Pro:

1) Initial thoughts - Service
I first ordered this product right when Stacy (the owner) started offering the free Mavic shade (my next review) so about a month ago. That's a solid deal - 145 for the Pro shade and a free Mavic shade... so like 70 bucks each. There was some sort of design change which delayed things but Stacy was very quick to keep me up to date with what was happening.

Because of just the time delay I'd give it 4 out of 5. Other than that, very pleased with my communication with the company.

2) Initial thoughts - Product
It's big. I was surprised how big it is. Where I only saw it from the site I had an image in my head that this would be somewhat flexible or something... this bad boy is rigid. It definitely has the feel like it was made by a human. Its really a simply idea executed well. Where it is an expensive item, I was pretty pleased with the sense that some time went into making it. Doing the basic stress test (light pulling, twisting) has no apparent flaws/shimmys... it's really strong.
4.5 out of 5. I couldn't give it a perfect 5 because it will require me to paint it or put some fabric on it to give it a "complete" feel.

3) Usage
This is where it shines. I've now used this on a VERY sunny day after a snow storm here in Utah (very white and bright everywhere) and it is very nice and shady. There is a slight leak on the top right corner (about the thickness of 5 sheets of paper) but other than that, it is totally shaded.
It's really really big so I chose to put it on a tripod. It comes with a custom adapter to put it on the remote. I set it all up by replacing the tray with a flathead screwdriver and then fastening the custom piece on with an Allen wrench. It seats perfectly big it is TOOOOOO HEAVY!! If you have an iPad Pro on your RC you must have the forearm strength of Popeye.
The side walls are held by a magnet and they are strong little suckers. You can tilt it and they don't lose their stick (magnety stick).
4.5 out of 5. Just the little light leak in the top corner. Because of the nature of the product, I can't imagine someone having the same exact issue.

4) Overall Value
Very happy with this purchase. In the end, my wife asks me "was it worth 150 bucks?"
Yes. It feels like someone made it for me. I don't buy garbage and I always choose to support American businesses even if it costs more. I would easily go back and buy the smaller iPad shade from this company. For 145 bucks I feel like this is exactly what I paid for.

13 out of 15 points
*Pictures of shade taken before snow*

81808c55a1e540846147cc0ba07b2b9d.jpg
93f4c675e26639a354ec315aabed2945.jpg

Have been considering buying one of these. Now that you've had it a while, are you still happy with it?

100%. All of my professional shoots typically consist of chairs and canopies (if it's raining) and I have yet to find a case where I don't have this with me.

It's almost annoying to go from an iPad to an iPhone now that I'm used to the size of the screen. This thing cost me like 150 bucks but where I'm looking for a polished, professional look I would buy this again if I were to buy a newer iPad with a different size screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic