processing multispectral imagery - free software

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm using a Phantom 4 RTK with a multispectral sensor and I'm pretty new to UAVs. I want to process all 6 bands the sensor captures and collate into a single tif. Previously I've been able to process only three bands (Red, Green and Blue) into a single .tif using DroneDeploy.

Can anyone please recommend a free software that I can process all 5 bands (Red, Blue, Green, NIR, and Red Edge) into a single .tif?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Cheers

Reactions: alisomilon
Have you used GIS software? With the typical raster editing and display capabilities you can route your choice of any of your five input bands to the three RGB color channels. You can also blend values from more than one band to create your own custom "colors". From there you can export your display to image formats like gif, jpg, png, and tiff. You can also export a georeferenced tiff ready for use in other GIS applications.

Open source QGIS is free, but it's a big install and a heavy lift learning enough to get it up and running if you haven't used GIS before.

Have you used GIS software? With the typical raster editing and display capabilities you can route your choice of any of your five input bands to the three RGB color channels. You can also blend values from more than one band to create your own custom "colors". From there you can export your display to image formats like gif, jpg, png, and tiff. You can also export a georeferenced tiff ready for use in other GIS applications.

Open source QGIS is free, but it's a big install and a heavy lift learning enough to get it up and running if you haven't used GIS before.
Thanks JC :) I'll give that a go

Cheers

I agree, QGIS is your best bet as it has some robust raster processing modules including GRASS GIS which can do most or all that you need. There is a learning curve, but there are books on Amazon and YouTube tutorials available.

Reactions: Miner_jeff
Hello @JC in NH ,
I suggest you have a look at WebODM (almost free) if you are looking to create a larger orthophoto from your multi spectral images.
QGIS is a great program for display and manipulation of data layers.
I use webodm to process photos into a single RGB image for large areas.
I use QGis to create maps with a number data layers.
Happy flying!
Jeff

Reactions: CoreySnipes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31