Problem: Yaw back and forth during Hover

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm having this problem on my P2. I'm running the latest software/firmware as of 6/5/2015. My Gains are default in Naza Mode.

When I am letting the Phantom hold a hover in GPS Mode, it will occasionally Yaw about 10 degrees in One direction or the other. It will Yaw and immediately go back to center. My hands are completely off the sticks so it is not being caused by me flinching. The yawing is not a quick snap nor is it a slow one. It lasts for only about a second. It is impossible to keep it pointed perfectly center in one direction for more than 10 seconds without it doing this yaw flinch.

This is something you can visually see the Phantom doing. It's not the H3-3D Gimbal doing it. Although it does show up on the video also. It doesn't matter what area, altitude or wind condition it is flying in.

I'm thinking maybe it is a Yaw (Basic Gains) setting. It is at default setting but it might be too high or too low. I don't know. I can also tell you that the Phantom will not do a intended Yaw around it's axis. It does still Toilet Bowl about 2 feet.

I have performed a few Advanced IMU Calibrations as well as fiel Compass Calibrations at every first flight at a new location.

Any ideas???

Read all this . It helped mine ! http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35131
I just use the glass across my motor shafts now but that cured all my issues with that ;)
Might not be your problem but reading don't cost nothing !!

As far as gain settings ... I have never changed mine from default ones .

Reactions: IflyinWY
Sure thing.

However I find my P2's ("stock" except for the Rx) Yaw performance varies with conditions. I took care the last time I did an IMU calib. but not worried about absolute level, it was very close. Compass hasn't been calibrated this year. Some days it's better than others with near 'zero' drift. My guess is its more about the wind or breezes.

It's really a complicated move to rotate in non-static environments without changning altitude and the Naza FC line is the low-tier DJI offering so don't expect perfect results in all conditions.

Reactions: dirkclod
Sure thing.

However I find my P2's ("stock" except for the Rx) Yaw performance varies with conditions. I took care the last time I did an IMU calib. but not worried about absolute level, it was very close. Compass hasn't been calibrated this year. Some days it's better than others with near 'zero' drift. My guess is its more about the wind or breezes.

It's really a complicated move to rotate in non-static environments without changning altitude and the Naza FC line is the low-tier DJI offering so don't expect perfect results in all conditions.
So ya saying
big ball of wiggly wobbly.gif
Just picking NO17RW :D

Reactions: IflyinWY
Well yea, sometimes wibbly then wobbly separately.
And other times...not.

Reactions: dirkclod
Last edited:
Had to fix the spelling.

Too late as you memorialized it in a Quote.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.