Problem with remote controller Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 Pro was always drifting to the left. After IMU and compass calibration it didn't seem that was the problem. In the simulation with DJI assistant 2 I had the problem too, so I expected it was a problem with the RC. So after RC-calibration the problem was gone, for 10 seconds… With e new RC-calibration I saw that when the sticks were centered the stick to roll left gives 8-30% to the left. Afther calibration that's gone for a short period, but If you move the sticks for a few seconds, the problem is back (not 0% when sticks are centerd). Is it possible to solve the problem by myself or not an option? And if not, what is the fastest solution? Thanks for the response in advance.

My Phantom 4 Pro was always drifting to the left. After IMU and compass calibration it didn't seem that was the problem. In the simulation with DJI assistant 2 I had the problem too, so I expected it was a problem with the RC. So after RC-calibration the problem was gone, for 10 seconds… With e new RC-calibration I saw that when the sticks were centered the stick to roll left gives 8-30% to the left. Afther calibration that's gone for a short period, but If you move the sticks for a few seconds, the problem is back (not 0% when sticks are centerd). Is it possible to solve the problem by myself or not an option? And if not, what is the fastest solution? Thanks for the response in advance.

You might consider reinstalling the updates . This sounds more like a firmware issue to me

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain
Coal

Reactions: Elmo11
I assume you complete the calibration, with gimble wheel? Sounds like it’s not finishing for some reason.

Reactions: Elmo11
I assume you complete the calibration, with gimble wheel? Sounds like it’s not finishing for some reason.
Yes, and after that calibration it goes fine (0% left, 0% right when stick is centered) but for a really short period. After using the stick it goes back to the problem of left drifting. And I forgot to mention: it goes to 0% left - 0% right while stick centered after I start calibration and during that calibration it goes sometimes back for example to 15% left - 0% right while stick is centered after i moved the stick for a while. Hitting the controller can sometime reduce the problem for a short period... So sounds not like a firmware problem? Thanks for your replies.

Yes, and after that calibration it goes fine (0% left, 0% right when stick is centered) but for a really short period. After using the stick it goes back to the problem of left drifting. And I forgot to mention: it goes to 0% left - 0% right while stick centered after I start calibration and during that calibration it goes sometimes back for example to 15% left - 0% right while stick is centered after i moved the stick for a while. Hitting the controller can sometime reduce the problem for a short period... So sounds not like a firmware problem? Thanks for your replies.
is the stick broken? it happens because the poor brittle plastic sometimes screws break off inside the rc and sticks or buttons fall "in"

Reactions: Elmo11 and Capt KO
is the stick broken? it happens because the poor brittle plastic sometimes screws break off inside the rc and sticks or buttons fall "in"
Agree. Time to open and take a look at that stick. Loose screw or plastic cracked. A few DIY videos on YouTube

Reactions: Elmo11 and JoBe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers