Pricing for Vertical Studio

Thank u Neil for your input. We beta testers appreciate the clarification. I personally beta test for several companies. Most don't provide any reward other than being the "first" to see an app.

@Neil Mathew Thanks for the explanation, i appreciated and as i did before whenever i had the time to fly and then write back my feedback i still will do.
Didn't mean to speculate but in general after the pricing comunication I thought that beta testers would had only free access to the free version or to the beta one. It's partially still like this if i'm not wrong.
Anyway, I'll be ready to help, i like to be part of the "creating" process.
Keep on improvin it!
Thanks
Tommaso

I wish I could be doing more testing and contributing more to the beta testing. I am in Toronto Canada and aside from having a busy life Weather and lighting does not hold up and haven't had much opportunity to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't mind continuing to be beta testing and free for pro when released. I hope it gets better as I've not been impressed with its tracking. But still I want to use it as will prove very useful for some things. I intend to use it for business use soon.

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Thanks Neal for clarifying a lot of our speculation about the pricing and continuing use of the beta version. As I stated before I entered towards the end of the beta process and as some other users here have commented the weather here hasn't cooperated much (central California) to do substantial testing, but I have used the VS app and really like it, but I've encountered some bugs that'll report about in the proper channels. Looking forward to using your app in the future and looking forward to using the new features that it will provide.

Hi Neil, thanks for the explanation re pricing. The same as most on here the weather has limited flying but today have explored the tracking again. Holds reasonably well but can get confused if other objects come into frame, loses lock and has to be reset. Only tried at walk pace so far but hope to try faster object soon. Seems a lot more stable than in the early days and as such the panic associated with unreliability has greatly decreased.

I'm a big fan of the premise of this app, but have had zero opportunity to test it or even fly my P3P due to weather. Once it clears I will be giving it a good through examination as I feel it will supplement Litchi quite while in certain scenarios.

Hi guys,

I just noticed this thread. Apologies for not chiming in here sooner. Let me clarify a few issues you guys have brought up.

1. Pricing: We're currently testing pricing plans that make the most sense, both, for our users and for us, as a business. We're going to design Vertical Studio Pro and the premium features for professionals, who fly frequently and keep the basic features (including tracking) free for all. We will confirm pricing by the end of February.

2. Tracking Performance: We're aware that Visual Tracking isn't the perfect be-all-end-all solution. The quality is dependent on lighting, the background and the computing power in your phone / tablet. But as it stands now, it is the best solution for difficult tracking shots, and we are fanatically committed to building a product that continues to get better and better rapidly.

3. Free App for Beta Users:
@bLaStErAiD and @Tommy1980 and @Ian Welsh. You guys brought up a note from me earlier on the InspirePilots forum mentioning that we will be giving early beta users a free version forever. Some of you have speculated that we are not honoring that statement. I want to confirm with you all that we do appreciate the amount of effort some of you have put into giving us valuable feedback and the risk you have taken with flying VS at an early stage in our development. We'd like to thank you all for that.

Here's how we plan to move forward. When Vertical Studio launches out of beta, we will be launching two parallel apps - Vertical Studio (the public version) and Vertical Studio Beta (the private beta version).

The current beta app you have installed will convert to the public version of Vertical Studio. However, we will privately send out install instructions to our current beta testers for the new Vertical Studio Beta - which will be a completely free version with all the features in Vertical Studio Professional. The idea is that this version will always be at the bleeding edge of our product development and you guys will have the opportunity to try all our new features earlier than release for as long as you choose to stay in the beta program.

Our initial beta program got over 2000 signups and we allowed a large number of users to try VS without a many expectations on feedback and testing. Still, we're really humbled that so many of you took the time to give us such incredible feedback. The next Beta program is going to be a little more selective. We're going to send out the next batch of permanent beta invites to our current beta users that have given us any sort of feedback on Vertical Studio, either here, on our forum, on youtube or via email. We will also be sending out guidelines for membership in the permanent beta program. We appreciate all your efforts and we'd like you guys to be a part of the Vertical Community for years to come.

I hope this clarifies your issues and we're really excited to work with you all as we grow. If you have any questions - please let me know at [email protected].

Great post. Sounds very reasonable. I know a lot of effort and trial and error goes into writing an App like Vertical. Tons of bugs to work out. Thanks Neil.

Thanks Neil, with or without your kind offer I would feel privileged to be involved with your enterprising app. Ian .

I am looking forward to getting it to work for the first time. It seems my 1.1.9 P3P bird doesn't like it and the weather hadn't been acceptable for flying a beta with the P3A which has 1.5.0011 on it which should work.

During my first tests and runs I recorded my screen and talked through my first impressions of the interface. I tried to elaborate my feelings on how it looked and how it ran. You only get one chance at a first impression so I recorded it and presented it to them.

I will say they are very open to feedback from their testers. Many things I pointed out have been adopted or fixed. They are very receptive to constructive criticism and thats good for a developer.

I really hope spring will get here soon so I can tinker with VS with a newer firmware and really bake it with the features.

I'm a bit disappointed about pricing. neil wrote "We're going to design Vertical Studio Pro and the premium features for professionals, who fly frequently and keep the basic features (including tracking) free for all"
My plan was to test it for free and buy the pro if it works. but by now basic features are NOT free, i have to pay it (20€).

Hey guys, i know you did a lot of work - but you did alluring me with something and now you have to keep a promise. Very disappointed.

Reactions: jamesb72
A bit surprised at the price, frankly. The very excellent AutoPilot is $30. This is a different app to be sure, but still.....$50 for a semi pro version? Pass.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj