Preferred setting of video 1080p 30 fps wide or narrow view?

Reaction score
Wondering what is your preferred setting for the video camera of your P2V+. I see that when using narrow view I don't get the fish eye, but I guess the quality is not the same. Do you generally use narrow or wide angle? I am interested in the maximum video quality I can get from this "so so" camera.

I like narrow view until i can souce some good video editing software to remove the fisheye from the wide view, i've no idea about editing software.

This is what was posted on other forum. IT does not say it is lower quality if narrow is used.

Wondering what is your preferred setting for the video camera of your P2V+. I see that when using narrow view I don't get the fish eye, but I guess the quality is not the same. Do you generally use narrow or wide angle? I am interested in the maximum video quality I can get from this "so so" camera.

just depends on how much fisheye you want....thats the one sucky thing about the camera. there are a few apps you can bend it back, but the file size is huge and quality goes out the door. prodad comes to mind here.

I Film In 720p 60FPS As I Like The Ability To Slow Down The Video Etc. I Also Use ProDrenalin For Correcting The Lens In Videos, I Use Photoshop For Photos.

There Is A Slight Loss In Quality Using Medium, Using Huge Is Better, But You Do End Up With Larger File Sizes.

ProDrenalin's the best software for correcting the fish-eye in video, and if you shoot stills in RAW then Adobe Lightroom has the lens correction for the Phantom Vision 2+ built-in and can also sort out any dodgy white balance. An added bonus of Lightroom is that it can use the gps coordinates recorded in the image file to link to Google maps and show the exact location where the picture was taken.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20