Pre-Orders that are Placed

Just cancelled my order with Henrys (photo store in Canada) and went with Dave's Discount Motors too....I called them up before I pressed "Submit" on my online order. The two guys I spoke to sounded VERY busy and harried. Probably because all you guys are ordering Phantoms ;) hehehe.

Anyway, they DID have the Phantom and H3-3D in stock, and in fact the guy said he just got in a bunch more today. Quick hint for anyone online ordering--check for coupon codes on Google for DDM before pressing Submit. I saved 5%, a not insignificant sum when ordering this stuff!

The guy said if I got my order in within a half hour, they'd ship it out today. I told him he'd have the order in 5 minutes. He then said he'd keep an eye out for it and make sure it got out. Harried, busy, but still sounded like great customer service. Love these guys already! (will love them more if they fulfill their promise to ship it out today! lol)

Incidentally, for you Canadians in the audience: Henrys was going to be $1,230 CAD after tax. Ordering through DDM, with the 5% discount, including USPS Priority shipping (I confirmed that they ship with USPS, not UPS or FedEx, you Canadians will know why I asked that question), it came out to $973 USD. At today's exchange rates, that's just over $1,000 CAD...then I multiplied by 15% HST, and came up with a grand total of $1,232. Even assuming I get charged a little more than that, it's still worth it to me! Thanks very much for the tip on DDM, great call.

4ever9er said:
Placed my order yesterday.

Order Number: 001100004093
Payment Status: paid
QTY: 1
Total:
USD 1389.00
Transaction completed on: 2014-04-12 18:40:18
Shipping Address: ××××××××××××
Shipping Status: pending

Thank you for payment 001100004093, we are currently processing your order. Your order will be shipped within 3 working days. To check on the progress of your order, please go to  My Orders  after logging in.

Order still pending. Canceled my order today and asked for refund.
Purchased one just now from Daves Motors free shipping and I will see it in TWO DAYS FedEx ground! :)

4ever9er said:
Purchased one just now from Daves Motors free shipping and I will see it in TWO DAYS FedEx ground! :)
You must've been the reason why their phone was busy when I phoned them! lol ;)

Signal4 said:
topshotphoto said:
topshotphoto said:
DJI- ordered 04-08-14 $1369 + $20 shipping w/extra battery, 001100003507 shipped. Now I am just wondering how long it will take DHL to get the package to me here in FL.................

Just got Tracking update with estimated delivery date tomorrow!!!!!! Email says they included additional Props for the trouble. We shall see!!

Did you email them and ask for the extra props?

Yes but with their poor English translations you don't know if they mean they are sending additional props or if they are talking about the ones that come with it.

This was their reply:

sorry for your worry, your order has been shipped out today via DHL 71*****403, we have add extra props on the parcel, thanks for your understanding.

I emailed them and gave them my mind about people getting their orders from re-sellers when they are making more money selling directly to internet orders.

Brew said:
Brew said:
Thought it might be helpful to document who ordered from where and what price. Later as the orders ship we'll be able to easily determine our possible status.

1. I ordered mine from AMAZON (PRIME) on April 7th at about 10PM
2. Price with one-day shipping $1302.99

AMAZON currently shows my order DELIVERY ESTIMATE Thursday, May 1, 2014 - Wednesday, May 7, 2014 by 8:00pm.

Well today AMAZON moved my preorder to BACKORDER! Spoke with them. Got no satisfaction. I am a big AMAZON fan, but in this particular situation they were less than great. So I cancelled my order with them and ordered from http://www.davesmotors.com/... now to see if it actually ships.
Brew! Of all the people to get stuffed about! You started the thread and now get put on back order? Someone at Amazon doesn't understand the value of a satisfied customer.

canadavenyc said:
Just cancelled my order with Henrys (photo store in Canada) and went with Dave's Discount Motors too....I called them up before I pressed "Submit" on my online order. The two guys I spoke to sounded VERY busy and harried. Probably because all you guys are ordering Phantoms ;) hehehe.

Anyway, they DID have the Phantom and H3-3D in stock, and in fact the guy said he just got in a bunch more today. Quick hint for anyone online ordering--check for coupon codes on Google for DDM before pressing Submit. I saved 5%, a not insignificant sum when ordering this stuff!

The guy said if I got my order in within a half hour, they'd ship it out today. I told him he'd have the order in 5 minutes. He then said he'd keep an eye out for it and make sure it got out. Harried, busy, but still sounded like great customer service. Love these guys already! (will love them more if they fulfill their promise to ship it out today! lol)

Incidentally, for you Canadians in the audience: Henrys was going to be $1,230 CAD after tax. Ordering through DDM, with the 5% discount, including USPS Priority shipping (I confirmed that they ship with USPS, not UPS or FedEx, you Canadians will know why I asked that question), it came out to $973 USD. At today's exchange rates, that's just over $1,000 CAD...then I multiplied by 15% HST, and came up with a grand total of $1,232. Even assuming I get charged a little more than that, it's still worth it to me! Thanks very much for the tip on DDM, great call.

What Phantom are you referring to? H3 3D gimbal? That's for previous model.

DDM rocks!!!

Okay, I just have to add to what I just said about Dave's Discount Motors. Bear in mind I've never heard of these guys until about 10 posts ago :)

Not only did they just send me a tracking number for my order that I placed a half hour ago...my wife suddenly turned to me and said, "What about the GoPro?" I'd already sent an email thanking them for their prompt service, and a guy by the name of Brad there emailed me back about a minute later, so I knew they were checking emails. So I sent a quick email and apologized for the late notice, especially after they'd already entered a shipping tracking number and possibly sent off the package, and asked if they would mind adding a GoPro to the order. I wasn't sure they'd be able to do that, and even if they did, I figured I'd have to somehow talk them into extending the 5% discount on my original order to cover the additional item...plus, didn't know if they'd increase shipping costs, etc.

Lo and behold, less than 5 minutes after sending my request, Brad got back to me and said: "Yes, we can do that, the package is still here. It'll be picked up by USPS in about 1 hour. We will void the original shipment, so the tracking you get emailed with the camera will be the correct one.

We've got it all taken care of, you don't need to do anything else.

Thanks!
Brad"

And when I went and looked online at my order, it showed the new item added, the 5% discount included, and no additional shipping charge.

Now THAT is what I call customer service. I'd almost forgotten what it looks like. Anyone buying a Phantom, I highly, highly recommend going through these guys.

Doono said:
Sorry, not sure what you mean. I ordered a Phantom 2. The H3-3D gimbal is for that model, not the previous one...?

canadavenyc said:
Doono said:
Sorry, not sure what you mean. I ordered a Phantom 2. The H3-3D gimbal is for that model, not the previous one...?

It's just that this thread is talking about Vision Plus orders. Doesn't matter, good to see you'll have your Phantom shortly. :)

Ohhh, gotcha now :oops: Whoops. I got here by looking at "new posts", and didn't realize I was in the P2V+ section. Sorry :) Anyway, DDM do sell the P2V+ too, it appears, so my enthusiastic endorsement of them still stands ;)

Yep! I just pulled the trigger and bought one from Daves! Order total was $1300!!! Such a deal with an extra battery. Even free shipping all the way to Hawaii.

Doono said:
Brew said:
Brew said:
Thought it might be helpful to document who ordered from where and what price. Later as the orders ship we'll be able to easily determine our possible status.

1. I ordered mine from AMAZON (PRIME) on April 7th at about 10PM
2. Price with one-day shipping $1302.99

AMAZON currently shows my order DELIVERY ESTIMATE Thursday, May 1, 2014 - Wednesday, May 7, 2014 by 8:00pm.

Well today AMAZON moved my preorder to BACKORDER! Spoke with them. Got no satisfaction. I am a big AMAZON fan, but in this particular situation they were less than great. So I cancelled my order with them and ordered from http://www.davesmotors.com/... now to see if it actually ships.
Brew! Of all the people to get stuffed about! You started the thread and now get put on back order? Someone at Amazon doesn't understand the value of a satisfied customer.
You'd think! No respect! Ha!
BTW - Dave's Motors shipped today as promised...

If anyone is calling DJI in China, you need to do so before 11am their time, to affect change to your shipping, otherwise it will happen tommorrow.

Hey Doono!

Fellow Aussie Here. I just called DJI China and they are shipping mine out today. Thanks for the tip!! The DJI team were very considerate. If you call, be nice and they'll expedite the order :)

It's funny with such an online world we forget how ease it is to pick up the phone!

Ed

Jezabel said:
I also got the "back order" info from Amazon so cancelled and went with DDM. Thanks for the tip on Dave's Discount Motors.

I would stay away from buying from anyplace listed on the injunction like DroneFly, B&H, Amazon.

If they are getting it direct from dji, the injunction is in violation and dji is breaking the law. If they are getting it from a different company to get around the injunction, the warranty may not be valid as stated on dji web site because they are not getting it from dji.

A link to the injunction with the list of companies which dji should not ship to is: http://www.uavhive.com/2014/01/28/colin-guinn-takes-on-dji-global-in-a-legal-dispute/

Just to be clear, because the quote Mikeysoft used makes it sound like DDM is on the injunction list: Dave's Discount Motors is NOT on the injunction list; Amazon is.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing