Pre-Orders that are Placed

I think it is a difficult issue for both the customer and the reseller. In your scenario, how does the user OR dealer/manufacturer know a loose wire was a pre or post crash issue. Is there a history of ANY reseller taking back items that were smashed despite there being no proof the crash was caused by a manufacturing defect? I can understand both points of view. Nobody want to be out 1300+ bucks. Does Amazon or DJI accept crashed uav's based on the customers account of the incident? I don't know, just asking, maybe someone can fill us in. What is the history of returns to sellers on UAV's/RC model aircraft that crash due to an error possibly caused by a defect that cannot be determined? I just assumed one takes the risk that returns for UAV's will be difficult when damage is involved. That said, it is best if a return policy is spelled out well before ordering, or if it isn't then perhaps some communication about returns, like a phone call might be in order before the purchase is made. I don't see Amazon or DJI reps on here making attempts to explain their return process. I give dronesetc credit for returning to the forums and responding. It may not be comforting enough for some, but it is an attempt to communicate to the consumer, and that is worth something.

Well I finally got fed up with being ignored by DJI and cancelled my direct order. The only reason I went with them was in the hope that they would be the quickest to despatch but that's proven to be a false hope so enough is enough.

I was paying a premium over the UK stockists prices so I decided I may as well wait for them and save some cash plus have the benefit of a dealer I can call and visit if needs be so I've ordered again through RC Geeks. Their initial batch is pre sold apparently but they say they have another following close behind and mine should be amongst them.

So hopefully it's just the one weekend reading about other happy fliers. :x :cry:

Here's a good quality unboxing on their Blog.

http://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/phantom-2 ... oxing.html

My turn to ***** , ordered from msrp amazon on the 7th still not shipping yet said getting ready to ship since yesterday.
Should of ordered from DJI

dabe1971 said:
Well I finally got fed up with being ignored by DJI and cancelled my direct order. The only reason I went with them was in the hope that they would be the quickest to despatch but that's proven to be a false hope so enough is enough.

I was paying a premium over the UK stockists prices so I decided I may as well wait for them and save some cash plus have the benefit of a dealer I can call and visit if needs be so I've ordered again through RC Geeks. Their initial batch is pre sold apparently but they say they have another following close behind and mine should be amongst them.

So hopefully it's just the one weekend reading about other happy fliers. :x :cry:

Here's a good quality unboxing on their Blog.

http://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/phantom-2 ... oxing.html

How did you cancel? I can't find anywhere on the website to cancel

You can try going to your account, viewing your order, and clicking on or copying the online sales email, and sending in a request that way. I successfully cancelled a order for the original vision in that manner. Took around 30 hours before I got a reply stating a refund would be issued. The refund came a few hours after the email (Paypal)

PhantomDave said:

Tell me about it. There's no easy way, I've just been pestering them with emails all day which they've ignored but raising and escalating a Paypal dispute seems to have finally done the trick as the payment status has changed to 'Reversed' on my DJI status page.

We shall see what happens next. :?

I just ordered from shawn of http://www.dronesetc.com
my p2v+ :D

its ready in stock :D it will be shipped internationally via USPS

Your order was placed successfully.
You've just purchased this
1x DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ (plus) - IN STOCK! - - DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ and EXTRA discounted battery
Your Order ID is: #1XXX

An email receipt containing information about your order will soon follow. Please keep it for your records.
Thank you for shopping at Drones Etc.

looking forward for the products to arrive in 10days :D
will update you guys !

dabe1971 said:
PhantomDave said:

Tell me about it. There's no easy way, I've just been pestering them with emails all day which they've ignored but raising and escalating a Paypal dispute seems to have finally done the trick as the payment status has changed to 'Reversed' on my DJI status page.

We shall see what happens next. :?
Thanks for the idea. i contacted PayPal and my status now shows reversed.

vision 2 + from DronesEtc ordered today, tracking number just received. Sending mine out UPS ground, which, according to the ups charts takes 4 days :( But at least I can stop wondering.

I do believe if you call and request, they may ship it via a speedier method, but it may not be free shipping, as this order was.

garf12 said:
where are they shipping from? and at what speed?

I'm 4082 and no shipping yet for me.

Garf,

I can feel your pain. My number is 4092 and DJI basically told me that they have a lot of back orders and I'll have to wait for several more days before it ships :( . I wish I knew what speed or how many they can send out in a day. I keep checking my shipping status every 15 minutes all the time knowing it's not going change :).

I received my Vision+ today. Here's unedited video from the short maiden flight:
http://youtu.be/e50aa3TlUHY

It's the first time I've had the ability to take stabilized video with a Phantom. I'm happy. :)

I extend my compassion to those who are waiting for theirs to arrive.

Don't forget to remove the gimbal brace before powering up, and put it back on when transporting the Vision+.

Frigging msrp says that they were getting orders together last night to ship today. Now I email them and I get some ******** that their "system was down today" and he thinks they got a shipment in today.
So what they emailed me last night was ********.
They were one of the first to take preorders , now every frigging dji "dealer" is coming out of the woodwork shipping these now.

Mori55 said:
Frigging msrp says that they were getting orders together last night to ship today. Now I email them and I get some ******** that their "system was down today" and he thinks they got a shipment in today.
They were one of the first to take preorders , now every frigging dji "dealer" is coming out of the woodwork shipping these now.
if they were the first to offer like you say, they probably got a lot more pre-orders to fill.

I ordered mine from Amazon and they are still saying the release date is the 21st and do not yet have an estimated delivery date.

I debated the various dealers on amazon.. and I went with Luckitron (ordered yesterday) even though they had a $20 premium on the deal with the 2nd battery.. they were very responsive via email and my P2V+ should be here tomorrow via fedex:
Estimated delivery : Thur 4/17/2014 by 8:00 pm

Like everyone else here.. I'm so freaking excited.. I loved the P2V but I just had to return it because I only had it just over a week.

AllanVB said:
mr_3_0_5 said:
Extremeuas offering vision plus with extra battery for 1299 free shipping
Just a heads up for you guys
No free battery http://extremeuas.com/product/dji-phantom-2-vision-plus/

Promocode freebatt

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2493907 ... 029777926/

I ordered this offer with the free battery and free shipping. He is a new dealer, no firm date but since I already have a P2V an extra week or two wont hurt anything. Have corresponded with the owner Corey quite a bit and he seems legit, great quick communications, has other related business so I think he will do well. Worth checking him out on FB.

Just FYI -
Received a "NOTE" from Extremeuas.com - no free battery - apparently they were told they would violate some minimum price rule... :roll: They offered to throw in some free props for the trouble, put no free battery. :|

Mori55 said:

You may be in the same boat I'm in. On amazon MSRP lists that they release on April 21st just like amazon.

MikesTooLz said:
Mori55 said:
if they were the first to offer like you say, they probably got a lot more pre-orders to fill.

I ordered mine from Amazon and they are still saying the release date is the 21st and do not yet have an estimated delivery date.
we'll I did preorder on April 7

Brew said:
AllanVB said:
mr_3_0_5 said:
Extremeuas offering vision plus with extra battery for 1299 free shipping
Just a heads up for you guys
No free battery http://extremeuas.com/product/dji-phantom-2-vision-plus/

Promocode freebatt

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2493907 ... 029777926/

I ordered this offer with the free battery and free shipping. He is a new dealer, no firm date but since I already have a P2V an extra week or two wont hurt anything. Have corresponded with the owner Corey quite a bit and he seems legit, great quick communications, has other related business so I think he will do well. Worth checking him out on FB.

Just FYI -
Received a "NOTE" from Extremeuas.com - no free battery - apparently they were told they would violate some minimum price rule... :roll: They offered to throw in some free props for the trouble, put no free battery. :|

isnt that price fixing? Apple got slammed for that, thats why now its possible to see apple products on sale.

Bigbells said:
I received my Vision+ today. Here's unedited video from the short maiden flight:
http://youtu.be/e50aa3TlUHY

It's the first time I've had the ability to take stabilized video with a Phantom. I'm happy. :)

I extend my compassion to those who are waiting for theirs to arrive.

Don't forget to remove the gimbal brace before powering up, and put it back on when transporting the Vision+.

Sweet video. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for sharing it so soon.

crashoften said:
Update to my questions. Got an email from Paypal today that my account was now locked for suspicious activity. My Vision Plus order then showed "Reversed" on my DJI account. Called Paypal to see if there was a problem on their end.

Its so strange you mention this as I had the same problem. I've been purchasing with PayPal for many years and for some reason, on my Vision+ order, it triggered their "anti-fraud" alert, and my payment for the order was reversed. Had to call and straighten things out, which wasn't a big deal. What annoyed me was PP could not simply reverse the payment reversal and pay DJI for the original invoice, forcing me to reorder. In the 12 hours between my original order and my replacement order, there was 109 DJI invoices. Granted, there is no way of knowing how many of those orders were for Vision+ units, but it certainly put me back down the line a bit! :evil:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT