Practicing in tight spaces, then bees attacked.....

FNG

Reaction score
I was flying around a local park with a buddy of mine yesterday, trying to hone my skills when flying through tight spaces... then I flew above some trees and a swarm of bees attacked my Phantom. I didn't fly close to the tree that they swarmed from, heck, I didn't even realize that it was a swarm of bees until I brought it in to land. (I didn't land because I didn't want to get stung; instead, I flew away from my friend and I until the bees "buzzed off".)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV8-RsVaxFo[/youtube]

Those bees were PISSED! LOL...I would have landed it next to someone else LOL. Ok thats just mean i know...but it would be funny.

Great flying by the way though. nice and smooth and controlled in the tight places. I have tried some tight space flying and i can get through but i tend to get jumpy on the sticks and i know any footage i would have would be unusable or at least very very little of it would be good.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I wonder how many you mulched with the props :D. There have been a few times when I bring it back and I notice some huge blood splatters where I must have hit some giant insect :p What did yours look like??

Reactions: Fran06
Nice shots! I also have this kind of flying but without prop guards in 19 rubber trees.

Cool video...and your flying makes me feel bad about myself! I could never fly through trees like that!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl