Practice Test site

Reaction score
When I was studying for my license, I could not find a decent place to take a practice test. There are a few sites that offer some questions, but most of the questions were alike. I felt that it did not test my knowledge enough to feel comfortable about the test. After scouring the internet and doing a lot of self study, I passed my test on my first try. Now I am studying for my renewal and I am back in the same boat. With the pandemic going on I have some time on my hands and I wanted to learn PHP/MySQL, I decided to make a basic practice test site. It is free for anyone to use and there is no log in/registration required. I put it on a temporary hosting site to work out some bugs and to get some feedback. There are some quirks to it so keep in mind that this is a work in progress from a beginner web developer. If people find this helpful, I can move it some permanent hosting and add more questions. All of the questions in the database are ones that I have found on the internet.

It is located at: http://part107.epizy.com/

This is not a trick or some click-bait site. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have some thick skin, so feel free to be brutally honest.

**** Update - 9/22/2020 ***

I have added:
Better answer response feature.
Option to report questions with issues
Added a study mode feature. When you answer a question it will provide a study note (with reference) about the question. Not all of the questions have a study note, but I am working on it.

Still working on the redundant question issue, a timer and adding more questions (with study notes).

Please let me know if you run into any issues or think of features to add.

Last edited:
My 2 cents:

Thank you for doing this work. How many questions (total) are you pulling from?
(1)
This question's "Reference" returns 404 Page Not Found:
(Refer to FAA-CT-8080-2H, Figure 20, Area 2.) Why would the small flag at Lake Drummond of the sectional chart be important to a remote pilot?

(2)
This question's "Reference" returns 404 Page Not Found:
In a sectional chart, two airports are enclosed by blue broken lines, as pointed out by the blue arrows in the figure. What do these blue broken lines indicate?

Sectional-chart

(3)
Several times the site "hung" between questions and I think I may have been "click happy" and jumped ahead and I clicked the BACK button one-time as I thought it was on perm hang-up. Not sure what the back button does in terms of scoring etc.

(4)
Several of the questions were repeated several times.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you for your feedback. I was in the process of adding questions and reference images to the site, so those errors should be resolved. I am working on the redundant question issue and I am also working on adding a timer. Eventually I am going to add a study mode where each answer is explained.

The back button should not affect scoring, it just brings up another question.

My goal is to have about 200 questions so there is a decent variety of questions. I am going through the "Remote Pilot – Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Study Guide (FAA-G-8082-22)" to make sure I have questions from each area.

Have any other ideas on other features I could include? Keep in mind that this is a work in progress.

Reactions: BigAl07
Having the answers explained would be a nice touch as well as IF you get the wrong answer tell them the correct answer at that time.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the work you put into this project!
I'm just starting to study & will check it out & give feedback.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31