Potentially shutting down Phantom 2 while descending?

Reaction score
Hey All,

The way I turn off the motors for my Phantom 2 is by only holding the left stick down when its on the ground...

Could i accidentally turn off the motors if I am in the air holding the left stick down while descending?

Hey All,

The way I turn off the motors for my Phantom 2 is by only holding the left stick down when its on the ground...

Could i accidentally turn off the motors if I am in the air holding the left stick down while descending?
Nope

There's a firmware parameter in the 'Advanced' section of the 'View' tab labeled: Cut Off Type:, this should be set to "Intelligent".

There's also an "Immediate" option which you don't want and may result in mid-air shut-down.

You'll have to work through the translation but you can learn more here:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M-V2_Start_&_Stop_Motor

Hey All,

carefully read this from manual, it appears like it can be if set to immediate in assistant:

More than 1 way to do a CSC shut down in flight!

djicsc-jpg.18407

found this the other day and in another forum.

also If I read right in manual it is possible to left stick shut down motors if the mode is set a certain way

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/NAZA-M_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.26_en.pdf

check out immediate vs intelligent modes

FROM MANUAL :

If you choose the Immediately Mode, yous hould not pull throttle stick under 10% during flight, because it will stop motors. If you do it accidentally, you should push the throttle stick over 10% in 5sto re-start motors.

(2) DO NOT execute the CSCduring normal flight without any reason, or it will stop motors at once.

(1) If you choose the Intelligentmode, and the throttle stick is under 10%, this will trigger the landing Procedure, in any control mode. In this judgment, pitch, roll and yaw controls are denied except the throttle, but multi-rotor will still auto level.

(2) In any control mode, DO NOT pull throttle stick under 10% during normal flight without any reason.

Yea, maybe. I don't recall but I'm pretty sure the 'Phantom' Naza came default to Intelligent
(Phantom Naza uses a different Assistant so it's kinda 'special' in that some parameters are inaccessible)

The wiki page is for the Naza 'proper' which may have some minor differences

Sounds like intelligent mode is the one I want...definitely do not want my motors turning off mid-air. Thanks for the resources guys...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic