Post your favorite photo/shot with your p3:

Really?
Do some post production, but adding a lens flair when all you was to do is add a little bit of yaw, and you'll get it naturally. I have a ND8 filter on for this shot. SOOC (straight out of the camera).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a little difficult to achieve that with slight yaw with a polarizing filter. Either way I would consider this "artistic license". You say tomato I say tomatow....or something like that. By "some post production" I'll assume you are diametrically opposed to artificial lens flares.

2e3ba97a9d4b787121aa54732c1f087a.jpg
[

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a little difficult to achieve that with slight yaw with a polarizing filter. Either way I would consider this "artistic license". You say tomato I say tomatow....or something like that. By "some post production" I'll assume you are diametrically opposed to artificial lens flares.
I am. This is also because I'm a professional photographer too. When I teach people to shoot and do post production, I will show them both ways. Use the actual lens with a light source and post production.
I'm not trying to dog ya. I wanna help you capture the true image in what you see to share with others.

Ha! That would be a artificially induced lens flare from Photoshop. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Clipper99, It may look like an artificially induced lens flare, but it is not. :p
The image is real. :)
I went to a such a height that I was exactly in the light house beam. Surprisingly that turned out to be almost at the same height as the light. So the beam has to be quite narrow.
There I taped a few rotations. I exported a frame with a maximum flare effect.

5dfc3979da457811c8336f0fb76f9986.jpg

This is where I work East Sussex uk

Nice shot..you don't by chance work with a fellow by the name of Tony do you ?

Not my favourite but one of them. Screen shot from video.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 298
Here's one of my long exposures
Hotel Utica, Utica NY.
Iso 1600, 1sec exposure.
It was windy and I couldn't do longer.

Attachments

• 1456343342956.jpg
    1456343342956.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 263
Paulsballs- nice attempt at long exposure. If you turn your lights off you won't get the red streak in pictures

Reactions: cactusfrog
Here's one of my long exposures
Hotel Utica, Utica NY.
Iso 1600, 1sec exposure.
It was windy and I couldn't do longer.
Nice.. I actually stayed there a while back to see me kids graduation.

Clipper99, It may look like an artificially induced lens flare, but it is not. :p
The image is real. :)
I went to a such a height that I was exactly in the light house beam. Surprisingly that turned out to be almost at the same height as the light. So the beam has to be quite narrow.
There I taped a few rotations. I exported a frame with a maximum flare effect.
I wanted to see how a real flare grows, so I exported 4 frames before and after. This is what you get:
lighthouse.jpg

Zoomed in it looks like this:
lighthouse_z.jpg

ps Clipper99, now you can see I was not artificial ;)

I wanted to see how a real flare grows, so I exported 4 frames before and after. This is what you get:
View attachment 44995
Zoomed in it looks like this:
View attachment 44996

ps Clipper99, now you can see I was not artificial ;)
Rene van den meer, nice shots. If you take those shots in photoshop, line them up in layers, and for the opacity, select "lighten", except the base layer, you'll get an awesome glowing lighthouse.
Another way to get a star effect is if you have any type of direct light, streetlight, building lights and you do an exposure over 2 seconds, the sensor will "burn" that light in for you. You can really do this with your point and shoot or DSLR'S, both using a tripod...
But the light house is kool!

Reactions: rene van der meer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues