Post Mortem Flight Log?

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 decided to fly into a tree, despite my attempts to convince it otherwise... I was flying around a small island in a lake, bird was around backside, out of line of sight... viewing through monitor... saw tree coming up on the left, pulled right stick down and right to evade... drone drifted left, towards tree... gave right stick hard right, drone want hard left, into tree...

I've heard that there is a way to view stick position throughout a flight... please let me know how... want to understand what happened...

Drone was recovered and is fully functional, but I was injured in the process...

Almost sound like mirror image issues, but if you were FPV that shouldn't be the case. When playing back the flight log in the user center there is an icon on the bottom left of a controller, this will turn on the stick position window. Perhaps in your excitement you went the wrong way, the log playback will show you exactly what you did.

Almost sound like mirror image issues, but if you were FPV that shouldn't be the case. When playing back the flight log in the user center there is an icon on the bottom left of a controller, this will turn on the stick position window. Perhaps in your excitement you went the wrong way, the log playback will show you exactly what you did.

Stick positions are only available in the iOS version at this time.
If you're running the Pilot app on a droid, you're SOL for the sticks.

Your telling me people are still using Microsoft based equipment? Pull out of the 90's and go to Mac guys. Please...... Lol

Bummer... running Android... not an Apple fan, do not have a single Apple product in the house... maybe if I found someone with an iPad and installed the DJI software on it it would work for my needs?

Was the quad facing you or heading away? Any chance of it actually having gone into IOC mode? Not sure if the android app shows that detail.

I'm interested in the answer to his question though. If I get a chance I'll take the quad up using an android device tonight and then synch the flight logs and see if I can see stick information on the ipad after synch (i.e. it's an interesting question as to whether it is not recorded or not displayed).

Certainly flight logs from the ipad with stick movement display on the iphone with stick movement after synch and display on the android sans stick movement.

Your telling me people are still using Microsoft based equipment? Pull out of the 90's and go to Mac guys. Please...... Lol

Oh yeah - hook my wagon to iTunes? And $2,200 for a laptop instead of $600? Yeah, that sounds like a perfect approach!

Oh yeah - hook my wagon to iTunes? And $2,200 for a laptop instead of $600? Yeah, that sounds like a perfect approach!

I'm also a convert to macs. We still use pcs in work, and TBH, they're slow, clunky and rather poor compared to a mac. I run parallels on the mac to get windows access (to use windows-only accounting software) and it is much smoother too.

Look at second hand values of macs as well; there's always a market for them!

But to each his own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20