Poor night shoots (II)

Hi Taroh,
it was windy but the picture is only a screenshoot of the video. The real issue is the noise (black sky is grayish and full of color pigments).

Reactions: taroh
HJones62,
Great picture wow!
Did you put settings to 3 seconds+ and low ISO as mentioned by az116?

Check out this shot in Cabo!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444537529.212894.jpg

Reactions: guest1231
@Copperlanding Yeah I gave those settings a try and works pretty decent. @PilotHarry Lol, i've been flying since the Phantom 1 came out so lets just say I'm pretty comfortable flying. Here's a few more shots I got while I was in Downtown Miami...

Attachments

• IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 298
@Copperlanding Yeah I gave those settings a try and works pretty decent. @PilotHarry Lol, i've been flying since the Phantom 1 came out so lets just say I'm pretty comfortable flying. Here's a few more shots I got while I was in Downtown Miami...

Beautiful. In downtown do you set your RTH really high to avoid buildings?

I wish there was some sort of phantom meet-up in south Miami

@PilotHarry I tested out the RTH feature when I initially got my P3A rather that I don't use it. I get up in the air and fly. We should set something up for all of us Pilots here in Miami to meet. I'm definitely down to start an Aerial Club...

@PilotHarry I tested out the RTH feature when I initially got my P3A rather that I don't use it. I get up in the air and fly. We should set something up for all of us Pilots here in Miami to meet. I'm definitely down to start an Aerial Club...

I got my first phantom, a P3P (new motors) after saving up for about 5 months. So I fly as much as I can, but it's always a worry! Like when I lost signal for a whole minute after hitting 6000 feet.

I would 10/10 go to a regional meetup. Phantoms can be flown together without signal issues?

You can definitely get interesting photos. I usually set the ISO to the lowest and the shutter to 3" seconds or so. Only works well when there's little wind.

View attachment 33235

The slightest movement with long exposure will cause the image to blur. Like the comment above mentioned, low wind and balanced props would make a big difference. Maybe editing would help out?

I got my first phantom, a P3P (new motors) after saving up for about 5 months. So I fly as much as I can, but it's always a worry! Like when I lost signal for a whole minute after hitting 6000 feet.

I would 10/10 go to a regional meetup. Phantoms can be flown together without signal issues?
As far as I have read you would have no issues. I have yet to try it but according to others that have, it worked fine.

Hi drone fans, ,
I would need help on shooting videos at night. Tried yesterday to cover a night scene at the harbor. The results are disappointing poor -not really HD. The scenery: Pitch dark night and the shinny skyscrapers in front (have not changed any setting, all auto). The enclosed picture reflects the grayish sky instead of black. Are this the limits of the camera or has anyone more satisfying results?
Thanks for reading!
(Similar topic was opened by Flushing Pheasant 7th October but the answers do not solve my challange)

sorry for opening a topic again which was opened by Flushing Pheasant 7th October but the answers do not solve my challange.

View attachment 33227

Hi drone fans, ,
I would need help on shooting videos at night. Tried yesterday to cover a night scene at the harbor. The results are disappointing poor -not really HD. The scenery: Pitch dark night and the shinny skyscrapers in front (have not changed any setting, all auto). The enclosed picture reflects the grayish sky instead of black. Are this the limits of the camera or has anyone more satisfying results?
Thanks for reading!
(Similar topic was opened by Flushing Pheasant 7th October but the answers do not solve my challange)

sorry for opening a topic again which was opened by Flushing Pheasant 7th October but the answers do not solve my challange.

View attachment 33227
I have been pretty satisfied with the quality from my night shots

UpdrH7S.jpg

BbYhsXC.jpg

Hi drone fans, ,
Thanks for reading!

View attachment 33227
Generally when shooting night shots, the best time is not actually night time. Shoot a little earlier then pitch black sky, when there is still some ambient fill light around from the last of the sun. The best timing is from when the artificial lights are just starting to dominate to when they look to bright to the eye. You expose to hold detail in the artificial lights and let the shadows look after themselves.
Best to also shoot RAW, DNG. This way you can underexpose by almost one full stop (which gives you an extra shutter speed to play with) and bring it all back in post.
By shooting just before total darkness you do have a good deal more ambient light to play with and you won't burn out the bright artificial lights so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20