POLL: Average age of a Phantom flyer

Garysam said:
SO FOR AVERAGE AGE 51.3

Methinks the younins are avoiding this thread. They probably think we'll mock them and offer coupons for baby food.

Bright group of kids we got here!

andresjohn said:
23. does that make me the youngest? P2v+ owner

My little brother flies at 19 years old and my little cousin is 10 years old and flies smaller drones, both have however flew my old p2v

CarlJ said:
Garysam said:
SO FOR AVERAGE AGE 51.3

Methinks the younins are avoiding this thread. They probably think we'll mock them and offer coupons for baby food.

Probably not, I think they spend all their money at the bars instead of quadcopters, trying to impress the ladies while all of us try to impress each other.

thongbong said:
Probably not, I think they spend all their money at the bars instead of quadcopters, trying to impress the ladies while all of us try to impress each other.

Like I said, bright group of kids we got here! LOL!

Sweet jeebus, that's true and depressing all at the same time.

thongbong said:
CarlJ said:
Garysam said:
SO FOR AVERAGE AGE 51.3

Don't be speaking for all of us older men.. my Phantom 2 is a chick magnet! They may be using walkers, and wear dentures, but they're still danged hard to get away from! :)

My father was the Squadron leaders wingman in the BOB, he flew Hurricanes in India, mark 3-4 and 5 Spitfires.
As I remember he didn't like the 5 prop version as it cut too much air. In his logbook he wrote "twitch" after his first flight, well it turned out he had a crash landing and walked back to the aerodrome.

Kites, Estes rockets, line-controlled .49 gas powered balsa airplanes. Then adulthood, marriage, babies and all that. Then empty nest and time/money/guts to do the RC thing. Was waiting for the "gimbal'd" Vision and it finally arrived. This is so cool, I think of something new to do each day. It is neat to have the spread of ages in this hobby.

42 and it's my first RC flying device since we were kids and had the airplane that was attached by a wire and just went round and round you. Ironically I am trying to master the skill of making my P2V+ so the same thing without the wire.

56. New to RC, but flew and crashed and fixed the Cox PT 19 Flight Trainer for many years as a kid.

In my 20's became avid copilot in my buddy's Super Decathalon. Love, love, love flying aerobatic.

I blame Jeff Bezos for my Phantom addiction. I had ordered a Canon Rebel and L series lens on Amazon, and separately ordered a $60 toy helicopter (coaxial rotors). Jeff decided that if I liked chocolate, and I liked peanut butter, that I must try Reese's peanut butter cups. I am grateful for the introduction.

Can't wait for GoPro 4 (based on specs I am seeing online), fully tunable Zenmuse 3D, macro of configurable voice-activated flight maneuvers that can be designed on ipad and downloaded to my Futaba, and the Phantom 3 that will follow me (with intelligent camera ops) while I surf, snowboard, mountain bike, SUP, and play with my kids.

Kelly

Attachments

• pt19.jpg
    pt19.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 346
  • decathalon.jpg
    decathalon.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 297
63 in a couple of weeks... :D

-slinger

A bit past my 75th and female to boot! I have a P1 that I have heavily modified and a P2V

I will be 66 this month. Started flying RC fixed wing in my early 20's. Progressed to Heli's. Now I have a PV2 and the plus. Enjoying them both very much. Also, teaching my grand kids the fun of RC. WOW life is good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav