Polar Pro Polarized Lens

Reaction score
To all the photographers and videographers out there.. I just got my polar pro lenses in for the P3, other than when its very bright out, and I want to put on the ND filters, i am thinking of just keeping the polarized lens on as the default lens instead of the one that came with the Phantom. Any reason I shouldn't or wouldn't want to do this? It has some tint to it, but for the most part, I don't think its that significant? But I am very new to the camera/video side of this.

Polarizers will take some of the glare off scenes and tends to deepen sky blues. It will also cost you some light. There is no reason you can't leave it on except in a low light situation. I've been at it for over half a century and have never quit experimenting. See what you like and gives you satisfaction and expression. Then get tired of it and try something else. There is no "right" or "wrong" in this case.

I leave my ND8 all of the time and get great results in broad daylight and right before sunset. Here is a sunset shot with the ND8 at 100ISO and custom picture style with Log
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Polarizers will take some of the glare off scenes and tends to deepen sky blues. It will also cost you some light. There is no reason you can't leave it on except in a low light situation. I've been at it for over half a century and have never quit experimenting. See what you like and gives you satisfaction and expression. Then get tired of it and try something else. There is no "right" or "wrong" in this case.
Thank you.. I bought the P3, thinking it would be great to learn how to fly, but the thing flys so easily, I am learning way more about photography that I am about flying

Are you counterweighting your gimbal? Some have decided to do that, and I'm not sure yet. I got my Polar Pro filters yesterday but haven't had them up in the air yet.

Chris

Are you counterweighting your gimbal? Some have decided to do that, and I'm not sure yet. I got my Polar Pro filters yesterday but haven't had them up in the air yet.

Chris
I havent had to counterweight them and as you can tell from my video there are no ill effects to the gimbal.

Ditto this. All of it... except for the "half a century" part.

Just received my Polar Lenses. Sending them back. The threads are not correct and they won't screw down. Not even close to fitting correctly. Really disappointed.

I leave my ND8 all of the time and get great results in broad daylight and right before sunset. Here is a sunset shot with the ND8 at 100ISO and custom picture style with Log
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I like it. Can't wait for my filters to get here. (July????, must
Ditto this. All of it... except for the "half a century" part.

Time flies when you're having fun! :)

I'm sending mine back as well....

PASS
Hopefully, the one's you guys send back aren't the one's I'm getting in July. What's the turn around for inspection, reconditioning, resealing and shipment? ;-)

Just hear from Dan at Polar Pro and he is refunding my money. He said there is a problem with the threads. (not sure if he means just mine or all production)Told me to keep the lenses which I thought was good customer service but I will return them in hopes they can get the proper threads at some point. Darn I was really looking forward to seeing how they worked.

BTW, I picked up a box of Nikon lens cleaning tissues at my local Samsclub and they work great. I haven't received my Polar Pros yet, but after hearing some of the issues involving removing the ND filter I thot I'd give it a light grip using the lens tissue and see how easy/hard it was to remove. The tissue provided just the right grip and it came right off.

Z

I' recived Polars yesterday, no problems with threads. First it seemed like it, but then I put littlebit of silicone (just a hint) and it rolls In Place.
And when I put it, i just press it gently towards cam + , and roll slowly to find starting thred, (like opening safe In a movie)

Does anyone notice a circular reflection when facing the sun at a certain angle? I don't recall seeing this with the stock UV filter, but see it when just at the right angle towards (not directly at) the sun. See it on both NDs and CP filter

Does anyone notice a circular reflection when facing the sun at a certain angle? I don't recall seeing this with the stock UV filter, but see it when just at the right angle towards (not directly at) the sun. See it on both NDs and CP filter
Yes, you can pick it up with the stock filter. I'm guessing perhaps a reflection off the Phantom. It's hard to pinpoint the conditions, but I have had it a couple of times.

Z

Hey Guys, talked to Dan over at PolarPro. I noticed on the site that it says new design coming for the P3 Filters, Dan said that the threading issue is being resolved and that there will also be a new design. I am curious what the new design will look like. Besides the threading issue they have had some amazing customer service. Looking forward to purchasing the "new" upgraded filters.

Hey Guys, talked to Dan over at PolarPro. I noticed on the site that it says new design coming for the P3 Filters, Dan said that the threading issue is being resolved and that there will also be a new design. I am curious what the new design will look like. Besides the threading issue they have had some amazing customer service. Looking forward to purchasing the "new" upgraded filters.

Wonder if he'll replace unopened boxes of the current ones? I have had them for almost 2 weeks but haven't opened them yet.

Wonder if he'll replace unopened boxes of the current ones? I have had them for almost 2 weeks but haven't opened them yet.
I'm sure they will. Mine were opened and tested and they refunded since only 1 out of 3 fit correctly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31