Polar-Pro P3 Filter Set

Ditto--haven't received them yet

I ordered them but just found out I won't be able to use them because my stock UV filter is so tight on my lens barrel it will never come off without breaking the gimbal.

I was going to order the Polar Pro set but decided to wait for SRP's filters since I've read they're releasing them soon. Main difference is that snake river integrates polarizers into the ND filter vs having 2 separate filters.

Mine are inbound, should have them Mon or Tues. Will posts some thoughts and footage after I have a chance to go zipping around with them.

I ordered them but just found out I won't be able to use them because my stock UV filter is so tight on my lens barrel it will never come off without breaking the gimbal.

DJI are also developing thread-on filters, the UV filter cover is meant to be removable. I would recommend using a flexible 3d printed lens cap as a "gripper." Obviously make sure you're holding onto the rest of the camera module with your other hand while twisting it off. That's what I did and it came right off with little resistance.

DJI are also developing thread-on filters, the UV filter cover is meant to be removable. I would recommend using a flexible 3d printed lens cap as a "gripper." Obviously make sure you're holding onto the rest of the camera module with your other hand while twisting it off. That's what I did and it came right off with little resistance.
I've been attempting to unscrew it with the gimbal lock on with no luck. There's no way I could try it just by holding the gimbal with my free hand. It would break for sure. I'll try to find something rubbery to grip it like you said though. I just can't believe how tight it is!

I've been attempting to unscrew it with the gimbal lock on with no luck. There's no way I could try it just by holding the gimbal with my free hand. It would break for sure. I'll try to find something rubbery to grip it like you said though. I just can't believe how tight it is!

It's not tight.
You are just gripping it too hard.
Grip it with a rubber band loosely and it will just come off.
If you grip it too hard you will lock it on.

I thought it was too tight also until I used the rubber lens cap.
Turned quite easily.
I suspect most anything such as a rubber jar lid remover would work.
I couldn't believe it until I tried it. No way could I do it bare handed.

I thought it was too tight also until I used the rubber lens cap.
Turned quite easily.
I suspect most anything such as a rubber jar lid remover would work.
I couldn't believe it until I tried it. No way could I do it bare handed.
Yours came with a lens cap?

Warm it up slightly. I did it with friction, and it came off easily afterwards. I imagine a hair dryer will do the same.

I used the "accessorie" that came whit my P3p (the motor clamp) it has a rubber band on the inside and fits around the lens, filter came off easily

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Be careful when you use the motor clamp!! It seems like a good idea, but when you squeeze the handles on the motor clamp to tight it will crack the motor clamp. Take it from me I thought it would be a good idea when I first tried to remove the stock lens and I broke the clamp. Use a rubber band around the stock lens and apply equal pressure around the whole lens. You should have it off in no time at all..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Be careful when you use the motor clamp!! It seems like a good idea, but when you squeeze the handles on the motor clamp to tight it will crack the motor clamp. Take it from me I thought it would be a good idea when I first tried to remove the stock lens and I broke the clamp. Use a rubber band around the stock lens and apply equal pressure around the whole lens. You should have it off in no time at all

I just tried with the motor clamp but didn't squeeze the two handles at all.
I just pushed against the top of the nearest handle (in the right direction of course) and it just unscrewed.
At first I just thought the clamp was slipping around the lens but after a couple of tries I realised the lens was unscrewing. The clamp applied enough pressure without any squeezing at all.

Reactions: steven.j

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.