Please help with P3P revival

Reaction score
I put my P3P to sleep a couple years ago when the geofencing issues arose. As such, I did not do any software/firmware updates which would have enabled the geofencing. My Pro was flying without any issues.
I am in the process of reviving the quad and I am asking for opinions as to updating to the latest software/firmware.
Secondly, for some reason I deleted the DJI Go app from my Ipad mini2, so I do not have the version that was used originally. Will the later app versions work with these earlier software/firmware versions?
I am currently in the process of charging the controller (no lights on when power button pressed, but it is charging), then the batteries. Then depending on the DJI Go app, I'll power up the quad to find out the software/firmware versions. Actually the firmware versions are listed.
Any suggestions welcome...thanks

I did not do any software/firmware updates. My Pro was flying without any issues.
perfect. no issues = leave it alone

I am asking for opinions as to updating to the latest software/firmware.
no way. leave it.

Secondly, for some reason I deleted the DJI Go app from my Ipad mini2, so I do not have the version that was used originally.
bad news man. this could be your downfall and its hella tough with apple to install old stuff. i have a mini 2 and i never let it update anything so it will always work with my drone stuff.

Thanks JoBe. That's what I thought about the update issue.
Any insight as to whether the latest DJI Go app will allow the quad to fly?

Well, it looks like there will be a lot of steps to get DJI Go version 2.4.3 back on my ipad mini 2...including getting an older version of iTunes first...ugh.
I am under the impression that the latest version of Go will not allow the quad to fly due to the geo fencing stuff??
What about Litchi?
P3P 1.6.04
RC 1.5.70
App WAS 2.4.3

Still struggling...first issue is getting iTunes 12.3.1. I found the file on filehorse. However, instructions say to disable 2 person authentication on current version prior to downloading roll back version....can't do it as the iTunes version I now have will not allow me to disable.
Any thoughts?

Reactions: Jack54
Well, it looks like there will be a lot of steps to get DJI Go version 2.4.3 back on my ipad mini 2...including getting an older version of iTunes first...ugh.
I am under the impression that the latest version of Go will not allow the quad to fly due to the geo fencing stuff??
What about Litchi?
P3P 1.6.04
RC 1.5.70
App WAS 2.4.3

It’s easy to reinstall older DJI GO versions without itunes with ifunbox

I am using the latest firmware and apps on my three P3P. I have over 500 miles of flight on one of them. They all are working great. I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" tablet and Litchi for all of my flights. I use DJI go just to set a few parameters once in a while, and to do firmware updates. The geo-fencing is a good thing. It has never bothered me in any flight I wanted to do.
I have flown in Arizona. Colorado, and California.
Joe
KC7GHT

No. I had some issues getting ifunbox to recognize my ipad mini2, but that seems to be resolved now. Is DJI Retroroms where you would look for the file?

I can sent it to you with wetransfer if there is any way to figure out yr e-mail address

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers