Please help: I need to recover video footage.

Reaction score
I was recording video with the Phantom 2 Vision and the battery must have died because it flew back to a previous spot I was filming at. For some reason it didn't come back to the spot I was in. Now that I'm back at the studio (in another state) I see video file there but it won't play. The file that was filmed previously plays fine.
I read that it might be because it didn't finalize. I may have shut off the drone before it finalized or the battery died. I know when I tried to stop recording on the Samsung Note it said connection was broken or lost so I wasn't able to stop recording that way.
I really need the footage it shows over 900 megs and it's an MP4 but it won't play.

Put the card back in the Phantom.
Power up and connect everything (remote controller, WiFi, Phantom) per usual as if you were going to fly.
Leave everything connected for at least a minute to see if the video will finalize.

That worked, thank gawd. I was worried since I filmed it in another state and it would have cost me a fortune to fly back there and refilm for the client. You are a life saver. Thank you so much.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik