PLEASE! Any d cent FPV goggles for the phantom?

I bought the Headplay HD's. Pretty amazing bit of kit, but it really makes you look like a tool, and my eyes are having trouble with the screen so close. They include two lenses, neither of which works well for 47 year old eyes. Trying to use reading glasses in them is uncomfortable, so I just ordered the Rho lens for them, and I'm hoping that solves my issue.

I thought about using just a google cardboard or vr box, but I don't want the phone stuck into a box where I can't change any settings. I'd love to just add HDMI in to an iPhone, but there just isn't anything that will do that without wireless streaming.

If your looking for a product that works out of the box, is widely available, works with the HDMI out port on the Phantom remote, and plays decent HD video, go with a Fat Shark Dominator V2.

If you want a super cheap setup, and don't mind having zero control over the app, use google cardboard or VR box.

If you have $$ and young eyes, the Headplays can't be beat.

I just ordered these:

Amazon.com: Clebsch 2016 New Version 3D VR Virtual Reality Headset 3D Video Movie Game Glasses V2 For 4.7~6" Smartphones with Bluetooth Remote Control ,Better than Google Cardboard: Electronics

The price is right and the reviews for the optics are good. Should be ideal for when it's too **** bright to use my tablet.
This is a typical VR BOX Goggle and you will need a third party app to use it. You will see either DJI GO app or this third party app as both can't work on the same USB port simultaneously.

Avegant Glyph looks the best.

Also worth looking at are Vuzix iWear video headphones and a better alternative to the Headplay in my view is the eyboxfpv. With this one you can have it without the pointless 5.8 receiver sitting right next to your eyes unlike the Headplay.
I fly with the Avegant Glyph. The image is outstanding!

If you have $$ and young eyes, the Headplays can't be beat.
58 years old with a near sighted diopter in excess of 4 and I wear Headplays without my glasses and no special lens and they are FANTASTIC! The image is so immersive I have to look around to see telemetry settings. Resolution is great, could not be happier with my choice to go with HeadPlay for my P3P. I'm old, bald, and fat so I guess I don't care if these things make me look like a gomer.

Reactions: Doink
58 years old with a near sighted diopter in excess of 4 and I wear Headplays without my glasses and no special lens and they are FANTASTIC! The image is so immersive I have to look around to see telemetry settings. Resolution is great, could not be happier with my choice to go with HeadPlay for my P3P. I'm old, bald, and fat so I guess I don't care if these things make me look like a gomer.

Interested in your review, in another thread I mentioned I was born with a lazy eye which was never corrected properly in my toddler days leaving me virtually blind in my right eye, I've looked at the headplays because of the single screen as opposed to 2 smaller screens one of which I wouldn't see. My questions are 1- do you see all flight telemetry as you would just using a tablet, 2- are they connected via a hdmi cable from the RC assuming you have the extra hdmi module fitted, 3- do you still use your tablet connected via USB to do all the initial setting up ie compass calibration etc etc, once all done do you pop your headplays on?

I am using head plays...The way I look at it, it doesn't matter what I am wearing, I am going to look like a fool. The other part is, you are already wearing goggles on your head when its probably hot out, pretty sure none of them are going to win a fashion award.

I love my head plays by the way, got them used for $140.

Doink,
q1: The HDMI output on the RC does not "mirror" the application running on the tablet (or other USB attached device). I have attached a picture so you can see what the HDMI output displays. This would be the same regardless of the goggles you use.
[file]dji HDMI output view|none[/file]
q2: Yes
q3: Yes

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl