Playing with P4 camera settings!

Reaction score
I've read so much on here... I had no idea the Phantom could take such crazy pics at night?
4066353277638be17ca9e6e7b06fa5cd.jpg
ee37b160558c8b24ca761bd50379cd6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Took these last night.
Not great photos, but shows what the P can do.
Taken within minutes of each other. 3 am
Ya, I see that I have been hit with that dang tilted horizon issue. Just started.... :-(

This is how it looked last night, to the eye.
ISO 200 @ 7 seconds.

Moonlight 004.JPG

At ISO 1600 @ 8 seconds.

Moonlight 025.JPG

Yeah it's crazy it can take photos that look like day at night!

Play with the shutter speed and ISO

Ya play with the settings.
Hover in one spot and take photos, changing the settings one at a time.
When you get back home to view the photos, pick out the ones you like.
Then, (on a PC), right click on the photo file, select properties, then click details.
You will see what settings your camera was set to.

That's how I am learning.

Reactions: JWH
Yeah I know I need to do a calibration! I was trying to find a flat spot today and this is what I came up with
96b3e4eba029ceb5b61f80cd300ae385.jpg

You can manually calibrate it when it's in the sky, you just line up the horizon. I would recommend putting the grid on in the camera settings

Reactions: JWH
My ten year old son dared me... so... that's the result. We started with picnic tables and progressed to the lamp pole! Perfect landing!

I'm completely baffled. This is very risky. If the lamp has enough iron in it your compass will go bananas and you will totally lose control on heading. I took of once from an iron plate on pole. Thought that was cool. The bird immediately took off in every direction just not the one I wanted it to go. I only had some control on up and down. I managed to bring it back in a whole but I learned my lesson.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So funny you mention that... when I went to restart it, I had a compass error. It took off anyway.

Landing on it was solid as a rock! No issues

The potential for a compass problem is an excellent point that I had not thought of. Besides the pole, if it turns on the ballast in the light itself has a big magnetic field.

Yeah I landed it, and then went to take a pic... when I got back to my controller it was red and said "compass error"... scared me... but it took off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.