Places To Visit In Ireland??

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm going over to Ireland this week for work and taking my drone with me to see if I can find any good locations! Can anyone recommend any places? I am going to driving across the whole of Northern Ireland and ROI so anywhere is possible :) Thanks

Reactions: Dinerve
Donegal, is amazing, I'd say the very best photo and video opportunities, but all down the west coast, Cork and Kerry, Ennistymon is amazing, there's river rapids run through the town. County Down is lovely, rolling hills and valleys... There's ruined (and some complete) castles everywhere. The weather forecast is decent enough for the time of year, but when you get an opportunity, take it. As some wag once said, Ireland does not have a climate, it has weather. My work will take me (and my P3P) round our beautiful country next week too (I'm fortunate enough to live here, in the south east) Have a look at the IAA website for guidance on the laws.
Enjoy, and bring a good waterproof.....

Reactions: daveleeds
The west coast from Donegal south thru Leitrim, Sligo, Mayo, Galway, Clare, Limerick, Kerry & Cork is breathtaking, it's pretty well signposted so follow :
IMG_1476525332.767947.jpg

Oh &

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face

especially on your RTH journeys
Have fun hope your work goes well & don't forget to sample a few pints of
IMG_1476526094.320511.jpg

Reactions: Dinerve
The west coast from Donegal south thru Leitrim, Sligo, Mayo, Galway, Clare, Limerick, Kerry & Cork is breathtaking, it's pretty well signposted so follow :
View attachment 67171
Oh &

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face

especially on your RTH journeys
Have fun hope your work goes well & don't forget to sample a few pints of
View attachment 67172
And the rain fall softly on your fields, but not on your UAV

The Cliffs of Moher was by far one of the most beautiful sights I've ever had the joy of viewing. I strongly recommend.

Another classic I've always wanted to go to:

Giant's Causeway - Wikipedia

Also if you're a fan of the series(but not only as filming locations picked for it are amazing regardless):

Game of Thrones Filming Locations

The wider Connemara area is also gorgeous:

Connemara - Wikipedia

Very intriguing landscapes can be found in the Burren:

The Burren - Wikipedia

And the list goes on! Ireland is a beautiful country but beware of the weather! Rain and wind, especially on the West Coast are guaranteed...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi guys! I'm going over to Ireland this week for work and taking my drone with me to see if I can find any good locations! Can anyone recommend any places? I am going to driving across the whole of Northern Ireland and ROI so anywhere is possible :) Thanks
And how are you getting on? It was a bit windy today out west, but tomorrow will be calmer and drier..

Yup!

Heading out to the Burren tomorrow for some filming! Hope forecast is accurate!
Wear some warm clothes, it'll be cold in the moonscape that is the burren...
Wonderful location, lots of videography opportunities around. You can warm up afterwards in Nagles bar and undertaker in Ennistymon...

Seems OP took my advice &'s gone on the batter, up or down he's flying

A bit too overcast to my taste, will do my edits and post (might take a while, is my first![emoji39]) and will upload.

Here's a few pics from where I set-up my base.

8a7f4795d05d6b477feafddda3855438.jpg
4b650c39104ce30ca540828a577f5438.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Kman
Looking forward & how come door mat doesn't have welcome written on it [emoji12]

Thanks got the advice guys! Tuesday/weds I drove up from Cork all the way to Sligo area. I got a few bits of footage on the way where it wasn't to windy. I tried to fly at the Cliffs Of Moher and the drone couldn't even hold a position it was way to windy so that didn't work out. Will put a little vid together when I'm back home.

Thanks got the advice guys! Tuesday/weds I drove up from Cork all the way to Sligo area. I got a few bits of footage on the way where it wasn't to windy. I tried to fly at the Cliffs Of Moher and the drone couldn't even hold a position it was way to windy so that didn't work out. Will put a little vid together when I'm back home.

Good to hear your alive & well Ryan, we were starting to fear the worst for you, if your still in west of Ireland conditions are ideal to fly not a puff of wind [emoji100]yippee , your vid of trip I am looking forward to, pity about cliffs of moher as you would have seen some cracking shots to be got there

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic