PL/ND versus ND filters

How do you set the PL level?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

For photos - you basically keep turning the filter until you find the optimum direction of polarization..

For videos - obviously that cannot be done as once the bird is in the air, the required orientation of filter changes as the direction of drone changes... Whatever is set on the ground is fixed.. Most CPL filters for drones (for video purposes) come with a marking indicating the ground orientation (For Ex- check the PhantomFilters.com CPL)..

For photos - you basically keep turning the filter until you find the optimum direction of polarization..

For videos - obviously that cannot be done as once the bird is in the air, the required orientation of filter changes as the direction of drone changes... Whatever is set on the ground is fixed.. Most CPL filters for drones (for video purposes) come with a marking indicating the ground orientation (For Ex- check the PhantomFilters.com CPL)..

Thanks! I'm all new to this so your comments are very helpful

The polarization does not effect the whole image scene because of the wide field of view. For this reason, I never use CPL lens on my wide angle DSLR lens. But I decided to try one on my P3A and sure enough, there are inconsistent colour bands in the sky where it transitions out of the polarization. I only use ND filters now for video.

I posted the above in another thread. I bought a different Neewer filter kit (the one with a CPL, UV, ND-fader, and ND16) and the quality is decent. I do like the ridges on their filters which makes gripping them easy. I did notice a colour cast on the ND16 filter that I received though. I've since switched over to the dji ND filters and have been very happy with them.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I purchased the Neewer PL/ND 4, 8, 16, 32 set tonight so we'll see how they do when I receive them.

Regarding the original question, I also want to know that. Will there be any noticeable difference between ND and ND/PL?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31