Pincushion Distortion?

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a fair amount of pincushion distortion in the corners of stills? I guess I should expect some in a relatively wide-angle lens shooting at an angle, but it's fairly noticeable and would require fixing in Photoshop for anything beyond casual viewing. Look in the upper right and left corners.

Distortion seems typical, a profile correction (or crop) is your only available option. The earlier suggestion will, as I expect you appreciate, be if no benefit.

Distortion seems typical, a profile correction (or crop) is your only available option.
Yes, I guess it does seem to be within the range of what one would expect for a lens of this quality and focal length (and where weight is so critical.) I guess that's what Photoshop is for.

Yeah this doesn't look bad at all to me smiller. I'm pretty amazed that these small lenses can do as well as they do tbo. Your def gonna get a little bending in the corners for sure. Shoot slightly loose so you can keep meat of your image away from the corners if possible.

You would need an better test pattern to grade it but you sure don't need one to see it.
True and test patterns don't prove to be the most liked images. The technical considerations often obsessed over by some usually don't feature highly in the merits of the final image.

Reactions: smiller

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl