Photos with GoPro

Reaction score
The homepage of my norwegian dealer says you cant use the remote control of the Go Pro together with the Phantom beacause of interuption. Does this mean I cant take photos, just videos?
Trond

trondB said:
The homepage of my norwegian dealer says you cant use the remote control of the Go Pro together with the Phantom beacause of interuption. Does this mean I cant take photos, just videos?
Trond

it depends on which phantom you are getting.

The phantom 2, Vision, Vision+ and FC40 are all using 5.8ghz
You CAN use the gopro remote with those phantoms as it uses a 2.4 ghz frequency.

If you have an old phantom 1, you CANNOT use the remote.

However, you can take photos without the remote using the Phantom 1 in the form of "time lapse mode" and other options the gopro provides.
You just wont be able to use the remote or take videos at the same time.

Thank you. The page i were refering to says the same about Phantom2. And this is from the operators manual: "PHANTOM 2 uses a 2.4GHz RC system. To avoid communication interference, it’s not recommended to
use other 2.4GHz devices (including 2.4G wifi or 2.4G wireless video transmission module) except the
2.4G Bluetooth and 2.4G Datalink."
I am confused

trondB said:
Thank you. The page i were refering to says the same about Phantom2. And this is from the operators manual: "PHANTOM 2 uses a 2.4GHz RC system. To avoid communication interference, it’s not recommended to
use other 2.4GHz devices (including 2.4G wifi or 2.4G wireless video transmission module) except the
2.4G Bluetooth and 2.4G Datalink."
I am confused

oh wow, excuse me. Sorry for giving the wrong info, I honestly thought the Phantom 2 was 5.8 as well!

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_2

So it seems like you are interested in the Phantom 2.
Then it is definitely not recommended to operate the gopro with wifi for the reasons listed.

You can take photos with your GoPro but you need to set it in to timelapse mode. It will take a picture every 5 seconds. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31