Photos not showing up in Library

Reaction score
If I take a picture and try to view it in the Library in the app, it does not show up. I can only see photos that I took a few days ago.

If I fire up the app and connect the bird and go directly to the Library it does not show any videos or photos. If I snap a picture and then go to the Library it shows and handful of photos I took a few days ago but not the one I just took. Take another photo and return to the Library and a few more photos show up but not the two that I just took. But if I mount the sd card on my computer everything is there.

Any ideas what is happening?

Does the Cache Video Locally setting have anything to do with photos?

18gb of my 64gb card is used. May try clearing some space to see if that helps.

The picture is stored in the sd card in the drone, you need to download it to the app while the drone is on and connected, before you can view it in the app!!
I must have missed something along the way. How do you download pics from the SD card, while the drone is on and connected. I have never done that. I've always removed the SD card and plugged it into my computer. It would be helpful to be able to download directly to my iPad. So many things to know!

Scottie,
I understand that you need to download photos to the editor in order to view/edit them in the Editor of the App. The problem is that the photos on the sd card do no show up in the library so that I can download them. Something got hosed up that I could not figure out. So I ended up saving off my photos and videos to my computer and then reformed the sd card. Everything is working fine now.

Flyboy,

Scotty is talking about having to download the photos in the sd card to the editor in the app before you can view/edit them on your tablet/phone. To get the photo and videos on your computer you must remove the sd card as you suggest or you can connect your Phantom to your computer to to access the sd card.

This happens to me all the time and it’s aggravating. I always shoot five AEB shots of everything. After initially taking off I go to take the picture and the little camera shutter sound will come out of my tablet like it took the picture, then I’ll go to review the shots and they’re not there. If I then close and restart the app then it usually works correctly after that.

Thanks CF. I don't usually have bracketing turned on. But I will watch out for that when I do bracketing. I fixed this issue by saving off my photos and reformatting the sd card. But thinking back to when this problem started, I remember that the camera shutter button was acting strangely for a while. When I pressed the shutter button, there was an "animated rim" that moved around the button kinda like a clock winding down or like the spinning cursor you get in windows when the system is busy working. Not sure how else to explain it but it was different than how the button normally flashes on and then back on. It only did that a few times. Can't remember if I restarted the app to get it working properly again. But restarting the app several times did not make the photos appear. Reformatting the card Sid fix the problem though. No problems since them.

Reactions: CFster
Yes, when shooting bracketing it would be normal for that circular amination around the shutter button to appear as it takes a few seconds to write all five exposures to the card. I quickly noticed that when my unit was going to fail in writing those images there would be no button animation - indicating to me that it wasn’t even making the attempt.

99% of my shooting is real estate, with bracketing turned on. I’ll have to try single exposure and see if I have the same problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj