Photo Quality?

I had an excellent P3A cam but sold it and ordered a new P3P cam. Did I make a mistake?

I only shoot raw as well & I do see what you mean. It seems to be a camera to camera situation regardless of pro or advanced designation. Mine was received by DJI and they noticed the issue straight away !! They have sent it for replacement under warranty. It seems to me as though the quality control over lens focus and sensor placement was hit and miss during some production runs of the cameras ! But that may just be my opinion ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I don't believe we'll see a quality control improvement for cameras in the Phantom 4 line either. The number of camera warranty repairs/replacements by the small number of owners who either notice and/or send Phantom back is a much smaller overall cost to DJI then retooling how to ensure the cameras are assembled accurately.

Hopefully the poor focus batch has gone thru by now.

I was going to buy my P3A late last year. But with between the weather, revised motors,Controls,shells,main boards and the focus issue, I decided
to hold off until Feb. Then I ordered direct from DJI China to try and avoid old stock in North America.

I just signed up for this forum because I was about to buy a P3 Advanced primarily to use for aerial still photography. This discussion has me spooked. Is the softness a common problem across all P3's, or is it just the most common camera issue in a smaller percentage of P3's which experience camera problems?

I'm writing a book. I need the aerial stills for the book. If the quality is iffy, it defeats the whole purpose of buying the darn thing...

I just signed up for this forum because I was about to buy a P3 Advanced primarily to use for aerial still photography. This discussion has me spooked. Is the softness a common problem across all P3's, or is it just the most common camera issue in a smaller percentage of P3's which experience camera problems?

I'm writing a book. I need the aerial stills for the book. If the quality is iffy, it defeats the whole purpose of buying the darn thing...

I bought a P3A (used) and haven't had any significant issues. The camera sensor is essentially a phone sensor, so make sure your expectations are reasonable. I generally shoot in RAW and import into lightroom and process to taste. Obviously, shooting ISO 100 will have the lowest noise. For images that are most important to me, I bring them into photoshop and do a high pass sharpening on a new layer. For what it is, works well enough for me. However, I am tempted by the new Pro 4 with the outstanding 20MP 1" sensor. That is a really significant upgrade.

Attachments

• high house.jpg
    high house.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 252
  • hood3.jpg
    hood3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_3616.jpg
    IMG_3616.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 225
I haven't had any issues with my P3A either and I'm amazed and delighted with the photos that tiny sensor produces.

Attachments

• IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 195

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl