Photo GPS Geotag precision

Reaction score
Hi there

I have been taking photos with the P2V+ and wanting to bring them into Google Earth, but the precision of the latitude and longitude values is only to the nearest second of arc, e.g. 171°45'23.00" instead of a more precise value like 171°45'23.15".

The problem is that 1" equates to about 30m, so photos taken less then 30m apart are clustered together at the same location.

Is there any way to have the photos geo-tagged to a higher precision? Either by default or by correlating with a GPS track.

Cheers
Caleb

greyphantom2 said:
Hi there

I have been taking photos with the P2V+ and wanting to bring them into Google Earth, but the precision of the latitude and longitude values is only to the nearest second of arc, e.g. 171°45'23.00" instead of a more precise value like 171°45'23.15".

The problem is that 1" equates to about 30m, so photos taken less then 30m apart are clustered together at the same location.

Is there any way to have the photos geo-tagged to a higher precision? Either by default or by correlating with a GPS track.

Cheers
Caleb

Yes I noticed this and fairly annoying. Also annoying is the lack of elevation in the JPG metadata. The RAW files have both lat/long and elevation, but still only to nearest second. You would think that with the accuracy of the GPS flight mode positioning they could provide very accurate data..

Anyway I am using a Canon S100 mounted on my V2+ (original camera removed) and that geotags alright.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers