Phone died mid-flight then crash: Lessons to learn!

However, without a device, you may not be able to take off in the first place. Lots of P4 owners tried, but could not, until the new P4 DJI GO app was released. However, once in the air, unless you are in a No FLy Zone, you should have full control without any device active, should your tablet crash or the battery fail, as long as the RC LED light is green. If it is red, you are SOL until RTH kicks in and brings it back within range, which will turn the RC LED to green again.

No - it will take off just fine without a mobile device.

Four days now have passed and no sign of the OP posting up the flight data.

Close the thread, the OP doesn't want any help and the thread has turned into an RC charging, iOS vs Android and RC vs no RC battle.

Easy tiger! I might have other things occupying my time. While I'm keen to find out what happened and appreciate you being so enthusiastic about analysing it getting the data off isn't going to fix my gimbal so it's on the back burner.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Easy tiger! I might have other things occupying my time. While I'm keen to find out what happened and appreciate you being so enthusiastic about analysing it getting the data off isn't going to fix my gimbal so it's on the back burner.

Are you handcrafting the new gimbal on the kitchen table? Get it on order and pull the data while your waiting on the postman. LOL

Actually, the R/C doesn't supply enough current to charge any phone.
There is just a trickle which is enough to make the charge indicator light up but not enough current to do any charging.

Do you (or anyone) know of any way at all to charge an iPhone while connected to the RC?

Maybe some sort of lightning splitter that can connect to the RC for data and a USB power adaptor for charging?

Or a USB pass-thru coupler that can inject power in a way similar to the way a POE adaptor can add power to an Ethernet cable without interfering with the data signal?

@SPPhoto : sorry about your accident. I fly one of my p3p without any device, just to practice flying in case of device or app freezing. So I can definitely say, your phone dying in mid flight was not the cause. Since you were doing extreme maneuvers, is it possible that you did a CSC by mistake?
Good luck

I've had this happen also using 3rd party apps. Craft just hovers in place and you can land it or reboot the app. Either method gets you flying again without incident.

Do you (or anyone) know of any way at all to charge an iPhone while connected to the RC?

Maybe some sort of lightning splitter that can connect to the RC for data and a USB power adaptor for charging?

Or a USB pass-thru coupler that can inject power in a way similar to the way a POE adaptor can add power to an Ethernet cable without interfering with the data signal?
1 ft USB Y Cable for External Hard Drive - Dual USB A to Micro B

I just know about them, never used them. No clue as to compatibility with iWhatever devices.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20