Phavic/ P3S conversion

Reaction score
Has anybody accomplished this conversion with a P3S? There's many on line videos showing the conversion done with P3As and P3Ps, was wondering if there were any issues when converting a Standard to this. Thanks!

Has anybody accomplished this conversion with a P3S? There's many on line videos showing the conversion done with P3As and P3Ps, was wondering if there were any issues when converting a Standard to this. Thanks!
Yes I have just finished one lots of patients the camera is a pain flys good seems very responsive am going do other one
IMG_20170919_115211.jpg

One n front one in back and camera antennas in base each side of battery tray

Attachments

• IMG_20170917_185258.jpg
    IMG_20170917_185258.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 903
Finished tonight, did a short 3' hop. Tomorrow is the test flight! :)

Attachments

• Phavic.JPG
    Phavic.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 906
Been having lots of fun with my Phavic. Duration will be shortened and the battery has a tendency to run hot, but aside from that no real issues. The drone flies a lot like a Mavic.

A little video I made thanks to Google;

Today I did another test flight to monitor battery temperature. I slightly opened up some of the venting louvers on the side and front of the drone last night so I wanted to see if this would make much of a difference. OAT 50F, no wind, battery temp at takeoff, 20C. Did not continually hover except for take-off and landing, flew the battery down to 17%, flight time 14 minutes, speeds between 15 and 24 mph, battery temp at shutdown, 50C.

Can we resurrect the dead...this thread, I mean?

I just got done (95%) with my conversion and I am pleased with my work! I've powered it up, powered on the motors, etc...all seems to be working.

Since I have the P3 I don't know where to put the antennas. Most of the tutorials online have 4 white antennas (Lightbridge, I think?). I have the two long gray ones that used to attach to the legs. Any suggestions on where to put them?

Finally, I decided to replace the bushings for the gimbal (ordered on Amazon last night), so I can't install and close it all up just yet.

Any advice for putting the cover back on and attaching the camera/gimbal? Wires don't seem long enough to do it.

Any advice?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72