Phantom4 Pro PLUS - Adding 3rd Party Apps

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I've found several videos on YT but they are all fairly "old/dated". Seems like newer versions are easier to do this with and they do not require a USB Jumper Cable to get video feed. The problem is I can't locate any tutorials on how to do this with newer versions of the aircraft.

Here's the video that started my search for "easier" methods but I can't find those methods only this video stating how EASY it was.

Any suggestions?

We're trying to load Drone Deploy and Litchi onto a P4P V2 PLUS (built in screen)

Allen

I've found several videos on YT but they are all fairly "old/dated". Seems like newer versions are easier to do this with and they do not require a USB Jumper Cable to get video feed. The problem is I can't locate any tutorials on how to do this with newer versions of the aircraft.

Here's the video that started my search for "easier" methods but I can't find those methods only this video stating how EASY it was.

Any suggestions?

We're trying to load Drone Deploy and Litchi onto a P4P V2 PLUS (built in screen)

Allen

Not sure if there is anything here to help you, as I have not seen anyone actually flying the V.2

Just scroll thru if there is any thing here to help you , however its the Phantom 4 Pro plus not the V2 .

I think the LItchi starts but does not fully connect with the drone
The problem right now, is that V2 differs from V1 and the USB Loop does not work, so right know, Litchi starts but does not connets.

There is a Beta software update for Litchi you might have to sign up for the BETA release that some people might be using.

Beta - Litchi

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Thank you PWS.

I've decided to skip the "Root/Hack" of the PLUS controller path after talking with someone last night who has actually done it. His comment was this:

"The small built-in device was specifically built with one specific purpose, run DJI Go4. The hardware is just "adequate" for this one appl and there isn't a lot of room/power for additional apps and processes. I installed Pix4d, Litchi, and HOVER on mine and as soon as I started playing around I noticed a lot of lag/sluggishness with the overall performance of the unit. I removed everything from the unit and reset everything back to factory settings and saw an immediate return to previous speed. There just isn't enough processing power or storage in the built-in unit to handle any more than DJI Go4.

It's like buying the Mavic Mini and wanting to use it to carry a full can of beer up the street to your neighbor's house. It's a purpose built aircraft with no extra power to carry anything else. As soon as you add more payload performance is diminished and possibly to the point of failure.
"

After hearing that I've decided I'm just going to pick up a non-PLUS Transmitter from @D D S and leave the PLUS as is. I love how slick and easy the PLUS is to transport and it boots up quick and runs so smoothly with Go4. We will bind the non-PLUS when we need to use Drone Deploy and other aps utilizing our iPad units. Best of BOTH worlds :)

Reactions: D D S and Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20